Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any adults around to prove that they are sterile?. This fact alone should be supportive of the possibility that a chondro is just a green carpet python. Not starting an argument, just interested in knowing??
Yep i've always thought of them as a green carpet and nothing more that needs a little extra care than most carpets similar to diamonds.When you think about it IrianJayas or West Papuans are very much like jungles and gtp and jungles, PNG carpets and Gtp are in similar area in Png And GTP are in similar area to jungles,so jungles being very similar to GTP being highly arboreal and have big boofy heads,predominantly bird eaters as well as the odd rodent,mammal and amphibian/REPTILE"GECKOSEG".They are both members of moelia,Gtp caudal lure which i have seen in jungles which i'm sure would do this in the wild very much the same as Gtp, so i'm with Dan which i've always said all they are is green carpet pythons to me and nothing special at all and personally the exotic ones are far more appealing than pur Aussies.

a intergrade is the natural evolution of one sub species to another, diamond python intergrades arnt crosses, they represent the change of the species.. The fact they consider diamond intergades as intergrades means they assume either carpets changed (evolved) into daimonds or visa vera, if they believed the sub species evolved seperately, then intergrades would be crosses. Its like in a stupid way of saying it.... apes are the intergrade between monkeys and humans... they are not the result of crossing humans and monkeys.. hahahahahaha sicko

Here's a woma/iryan jaya capet cross produced by NERD.

wtf8.jpg

Mmmm, well I have Woma's and Bredls. Just joking before you start jumping up and down. :)

Well that's as wrong as it gets and would have to be a muel.What idiot crossed these.....what did he think he'd get ?One really confused snake no doubt about that.Heat pits,completely differnt specis and natural diet et etc what a ridiculous thing to do....typicsl and to be expected from abroad :roll:

Perhaps there is room for hybridization, but I agree with Browns on that last one. Apart from the esthetics of it, what on earth are they planning to do with it? Use it as a sideshow freak?? Next they will be trying to sucessfully breed the two headed snakes on a regular basis :roll:

I agree there is definitely room for hybrids, I certainly have no problem with a lot of them but lets not kid ourselves that these things only happen 'abroad'.

Would you buy one of these boa.I guarantee the first to cross these two species are definitely from abroad and i know hybridisation happens here too but it's not advertised as nobody would want the mongrels anyway.Not a fan of womas and that thing looks even worse...that's just my tastes before anyone jumps in :wink:

I guess it is the way people look down their noses at overseas breeders and lump them all in together. How many times do we see 'Only in America' or 'typical Yank' ? It happens more often as there are 1000 times more breeders in the States especially.

hahaha thats amazing... who would have thought they would even genetically be able to reproduce... mext it will be elapids and pythons LOL

That happens already, every farmer knows of carpet/brownsnake crosses :)

Apart from the esthetics of it, what on earth are they planning to do with it? Use it as a sideshow freak??

Sell it, what else would they do with them? There's plenty of people that will pay big money for them. And of course the first to breed the woma/iryan jaya cross would be from overseas, as you guys can't have iryan jaya carpets. Has it occured to anyone over there? Maybe. What this breeding has really accomplished is it has destroyed the theory that only individuals of the same genus can cross breed. Some food for thought for the biologists.

Not all hybrids are sterile either. The bornoe bateater (retic/burm cross) can breed. So can the burm/afrock. As can the JCPxDiamond pythons, and the gtp/carpets. Only time will tell for these little guys.

Sorry to keep coming back to this, but I just thought of something else. Boa is right, there are way more breeders this side of the ocean. The reptile industry is also a bigger money market here than over there. The competion is intense in a market where some animals comand a $100 000 USD price tag. The pressure is on to keep coming up with new things to entice an ever growing, jaded customer base with.

If exotics where open to Australian buyers, then the same competetivness would be on. The market there would be blown open. The flow of morphs into Australia would be steady. As would the oprotunity to cross animals. I'm not saying that profit minded actions are justified, just offering a bit of reasoning behind the actions themselves. In a market where people can make well over $10 000USD for some crosses, you bet there would be people there lining up to produce these hybrids.

sounds to me like some of the breeders over seas are only interested in the money and not the animals, yer they can get alot of money for some hybrids but even if we could get exotics in australia i wouldn't want the hybrids i'd want a pure snake, i would want full blood not 50/50 or 75/25 why would i want a bit of every thing in the one snake, personaly i think the majority of hybrids are ugly i wouldn't even buy a cross in australia now unless its natural im not interested.

And of course the first to breed the woma/iryan jaya cross would be from overseas, as you guys can't have iryan jaya carpets. Has it occured to anyone over there?
Well i couldn't see any difference between an IJ cross woma or a jungle cross woma still morelia cross aspidites and same end result one confused ugly blackhead wanna be carpet woma :roll:

Jason, there will always be breeders interested only in the money and believe me you don't have to be overseas for that to apply, I reckon, shock horror that it might even happen here :-0
In the same way there will always be people interested in good looking hybrids, I myself love a lot of the hybrids, not at the exclusion of pure animals but as well as.

I don't mind hybrids of any of the Morelia and even a Amethestyne carpet cross is fine but i think there should be a line drawn somewhere and there are laws against crossing subspecies in certain states and that's just Morelia which are all carpets at the end of the day,but a completely different species with opposite instincts "ground dweller desert dry land type animals ,no heat pits mixed in with an arboreal rainforest dwelling seperate species which i'm guessing would be much like jungles/smaller carpets and i would say mainly birds small mammals and rodents as diet etc etc compared to reptiles for aspidites and all their other differences i think these types of hybrids should be the animals not to be crossed and made illegal with heavy fines or jail time for anyone that does this as it's just plain straight out WRONG messing with nature that much, but i'm not against morelia for hybridisising and would also be fine with womabhp hybrids and the bumblebeeeeeee reptile eater as opposed to bird munchers,childrens group etc but i guess the demand will dictate wether this will eventually happen or not.This is of couse just my opinion :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back