Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

morelia-mental

Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently produced a clutch of hybrid gtp's x jaguar carpet Carpondro's, whats everyone's view on this?

DSCF0259.jpg

One of the hatchlings :)

I'll be interested to see how they look after color change.
Good on you for trying something different.

I like it, very different. its like a GTP with jungle patterns

love hybrids,so many variables to play with especially when you produce carp rondos and jagprondos, can't wait to see them pop up in australia in the years to come,
Jake

I think it's brilliant. The more that captive animals are obviously separate from wild animals, the better.

i like the color however the fact that its a man made hybrid puts me off alot, sorry

actually somehow reminds me of a B&Y jungle with thinner black markings

i'm curious though whats the behaviour like? more GTP like or more carpet?

*p.s. you will get some very strong opinions here, so just be aware of that

I think it's brilliant. The more that captive animals are obviously separate from wild animals, the better.

That's an interesting statement Jonno, why is it better?
I wonder how the wildlife authorities and their law would perceive this idea. Do you see it as a way to separate CB reptiles from "wildlife" and therefore get away from the grip of bureaucrats and the law as it is?

If they are so good Nato, why don't you have any? ;)

I'm Pro Hybrid - to an extent.
About 75% of my animals are a sub-species hybrid.

Some people would argue that crossed sub-species aren't actually hybrids because some people don't believe in sub-species. lol

NATO, you are probably right but never dismiss the possibility that one day someone may knock on your door saying "we are here to confiscate your illegal hybrids". It would be a sad day but we have seen worse in the past.

I don't know enough about them to say yay or nay..... but either way, your hatchie is very beautiful :D

Hi,

I have recently produced a clutch of hybrid gtp's x jaguar carpet Carpondro's, whats everyone's view on this?

One of the hatchlings :)

I am a fan of hybridism , ( not only in snakes) , even though I don't keep any Hybrid reptiles , haha
My view is if it can be produced (man made or otherwise), then it is meant to be.
Cute little snake

^^^^
Scientists have proved it is 'possible' to breed homo sapiens with chimpanzees and proboscis monkeys

So they can be produced
Would they also be 'meant to be'???

I'm absolutely against it ... If it doesn't happen in the wild, then who are we to play God???
I also believe that we should be keeping lines as clean as possible and the animals looking as natural as possible so we can help educate the public better, even if we aren't demonstrators!

What happened to all this being taboo not even 2yrs ago??? What, because it's so hard to control, and you can't "frown apon" everyone you just go with it?! the phrase "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" comes to mind.

Keep animals as clean as possible. Natural is a lot more beautiful than crosses any day. And before any of you tell me "if you were given one, you wouldn't complain". Yes, I would actually, and I would get rid of it. I don't want to be affiliated with them in any way.

Just my opinion.

What I would like to know is...if you cross a diamond with a bredli or a darwin.....how do you keep this animal? Diamonds are a cool climate snake and hate to be overheated, darwins like it warm?? Bredli are from Central Australia so....they like it reasonable warm during the day anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back