Hydrometer for breeding box substrate

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Illium

Reaction score
Hey all,

Does anyone bother using a hydrometer of any sort to monitor the moisture content in the substrate of their breeding boxes?

I was thinking of experimenting a next season and taking notes with my monitors, but not sure of the best unit to use.

If you have an can recommend something please do.

Cheers.

aren't hydrometers used in marine fishtanks to check salinity/gravity, i think you mean hygrometer but i am pretty sure they are used to measure moisture content in the atmosphere correct me if i'm wrong.I guess it could work if you stuck the probe into the substrate

Last edited:
your right, Hydrometer is used to specific gravity, brewing beer is my favourite use for it.
Hygrometer is humidity.

So what I mean is something similar to these in ebay, use the following words in the search to see:
3in1 Moisture PH Light Meter for Hydroponic Plant Soil

4in1 Plant Soil PH Moisture Light Soil Meter Thermometer Temperature Tester TN2F

There are also devices that measure the moisture content of wood etc but only seem to go to a max depth of 25mm. the other above have probes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back