hypo/albino plibs?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
they will be the key to a lot of gecko projects , when they finally do become readily available I am sure there will be some cracking animal emerge a few years later

If those previous pics are anything to go by, I am sure there will be some stunning ones available in the future.

This is a great thread to have resurrected! Those albinos are stunning.

You make a good point about market size hugsta, even just within the US, with 10 times the population, there is a critical mass for smaller hobbies and niches.

*drool*
btw that yellow one with the white belly, is it me or does it have odd shaped pupils? as in abit larger than expected? not even sure if those are pupils :S

They may be expensive at first and a few people will pay high prices initially, but like everything, look at wheeleri for example, the price will come crashing down after a year or two. They breed easily and regularly, so there will plenty available when they hit the market first up anyway.

They are cool looking critters from those previous pics. not $10k IMO, but still look stunning.

I agree that the Australian market cannot afford the same high prices as overseas, however the difference between these guys and wheeleri is that there is not a natural wild population of albinos that can be plundered like what happened to the wheeleri. So starting with a single albino in a collection means it would take a little longer to produce large numbers keeping prices up.

I agree that the Australian market cannot afford the same high prices as overseas, however the difference between these guys and wheeleri is that there is not a natural wild population of albinos that can be plundered like what happened to the wheeleri. So starting with a single albino in a collection means it would take a little longer to produce large numbers keeping prices up.

Ah, good point! An argument for captive bred colourforms, whether they be single gene morphs or linebred...

if you actually had 10K and it didn't go missing with a lost wallet then you would still have a 3-4k amount owing to the breeder ( from the rumoured amount they had gone for )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back