I Am Sick,can I Handle My Snakes?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonlover1

AussiePythons Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A question for the brainiacs out there,are human illnesses transferable to reptiles?
I have a head cold and sore throat but want to handle my young pythons to acclimatise them to me,is there any danger of passing on my problems.Should I leave all my reptiles alone for now or is it totally safe?
Cheers Rick

Reverse zoonosis from humans to reptiles, is at this point unheard of, at least for colds/flus.
Suppose it's similar to how we don't catch respiratory infections from reptiles.

I doubt your python would appreciate being coughed or sneezed on, however. ;)

If you are worried about getting or passing anything on to youre reptile wear some sort of gloves and chuck it away when you're finished handling or cleaning them

If you are worried about getting or passing anything on to youre reptile wear some sort of gloves and chuck it away when you're finished handling or cleaning them
I have disposable gloves but I don't think my snakes would like the sticky feeling,they have enough trouble if I am a bit sweaty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back