I bet most people havent heard of these

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmy-Morelia

Reaction score
PREDATOR MITES!!!!!! yes well yes they are mites but!! the thing is that you can put these in your enclosures to.... believe it or not they eat other mites you can order these in south Australia when the predator mites eat the other mites they die crazy isn't it???? well if any of you have used these please comment and let us all know how the worked for you:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually these are widely used used in the USA about 15 years back. Why try and re invent the wheel

I wouldnt call using something in Aus that has been used in the USA as reinventing the wheel, maybe bringing the wheel here lol?

Havent used them before, I guess if you quarantine properly they wouldn't be necessary.

l did a post on these a couple of months ago, they are available from a couple of places but without tucker they don't go to well, the companies that produce them rear up a whole lot of wierd critters for biological eradication of common bugs if you dont wish to use sprays etc. solar 17

Yep, I was reading up on them a while ago.
Made me wonder what they feed on while they were waiting to 'do there job' of eating all mites in the area, Know what I mean? :rolleyes:

Maybe I've misunderstood your meaning but you wouldn't have these in your enclosure as a preventative measure. You would use them in lieu of chemical treatments if you actually get an infestation

Hypoaspis mites have been available in this country for a while as well,at least ten years, probably more.

Maybe I've misunderstood your meaning but you wouldn't have these in your enclosure as a preventative measure. You would use them in lieu of chemical treatments if you actually get an infestation
haha! Nah just sayn they eat the mites then die, so wouldn't you need a constant supply of mites!!
Bad dejavu (however you spell it!) I thing I made the same stupid comment on Solas thread about them!
Nm me

Very specifically if you are going down this path " Hypoaspis A" is the one you require as there are sub species...... solar 17 :)

for large collections wouldnt these be the easiest way to treat a mite problem?

If you quarantine properly, it wouldnt matter how large your collection is...

thanks for that really helpful reply scorps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back