I can't get her off!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ubermensch

Reaction score
So I've been giving my Diamond Python Fortum injections for a respiratory injection for about 2 weeks - but after I gave her one this evening I can't put her back like I normally do. She's wound herself tight on my arm and whenever I try to pry her off she squeezes tighter. Now I'm typing this one handed trying to be 'patient' that she'll put herself back but she's not moving! I've been like this for 10 minutes - any suggestions?

She has attached her other half to her log - I am quite literally trapped awkwardly half in her enclosure with my weak girlish arm trying to both balance and pry her off.

She might be hanging on because you're warm. How warm is the enclosure?

Her CHE is at 32 - her basking spot directly under that which I normally struggle to move her from. She's coming up to shed if it makes a difference? It's certainly made her snappy.

I always make sure I have a spray bottle within reach when handling my snakes just in case one decides to latch on.

They're normally so lovely :( she hasn't bitten just...chillin! Enjoying the feel of cutting off blood flow to my hand. Could it be my heartbeat? I hate giving the injections (it makes me sad) and my heart always races a little.

I dont beleive they can constrict for a long period of time. I may be wrong but half an hour would be a long time for them. You may need to just wait it out. Let us know how you go.

You could also try to carefully unwind the snake from your arm if you have one of the ends.

forcefully, but carefully unwrap her starting at the tail end....? I have been told that is the way to deal with a constricting snake....

As more help doesn't seem to be forth coming, here's a thought. If you have your phone on you and it has a torch app or a flash you may try using this to encourage them to find somewhere less annoying/bright. I may be clutching at straws but you don't sound like you're having fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back