I found my bredli belly up this morning

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blakewilson

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
Hey guys meet 'unnamed' she is my second snake and a awesome start to my collection haha. She is fairly small for her age as the breeder only fed her 3 times in 6 months from hatching needless to say I'm feeding her up and she seems to be settling in just fine laying completely exposed in her enclosure.
8urutaby.jpg

3 feeds in 6 months mmmmm, she will catch up with some TLC....solar 17 (Baden)

Does the area of her belly where the tail crosses over look swollen, or is it just me?...

Looks like it is laying like that for a couple of reasons.Might have something to do with having a belly full of food,the other reason is that it is because it can.

Did the breeder tell you why it has only been fed 3 times in 6 months?

and three feeds in six months, why would the breeder only feed her that little?

Looks like it is laying like that for a couple of reasons.Might have something to do with having a belly full of food,the other reason is that it is because it can.

Did the breeder tell you why it has only been fed 3 times in 6 months?

I am not expert and have only had snakes for a few years but have never seen any snakes do this. I take it you have seen this before and it is common?

Thanks Baden :) I'm not sure why the breeder fed her that little but she was borderline psychopathic striking at me poor girl was starving whats worse is its off a add on this forum but all is well i will get her back to size :) i would say the laying upside down is due to a full belly but i am no expert. I have no idea why the certain person didn't feed them as there was more than one that they showed me they where all similar sizes its not even like mice or rats are expensive

Are you sure it's OK? Finding a snake 'belly up' on the floor of its cage is good if it's a mature, female snake in reproductive mode (in some species of python), however if it's a juvenile I'd check if it's OK.

Are you sure she's good ? That does not look good if I were you I would take her to the vet

When I read 'belly up' I presumed dead. That lump in the abdomen combined with being belly up makes me worry that might be the outcome. Better safe than sorry when it comes to reps, head for a check up.

should be fine i have had my het male darwin lay like that a couple of timeswth2.jpgwth.jpg, he's still alive an kicking...

Last edited:
Hey guys meet 'unnamed' she is my second snake and a awesome start to my collection haha. She is fairly small for her age as the breeder only fed her 3 times in 6 months from hatching needless to say I'm feeding her up and she seems to be settling in just fine laying completely exposed in her enclosure.

May I ask, is the heat source coming from above, below or both?

Is she getting enough heat? I was about to congratulate you on having a gravid snake. Heat might be a good thing to get metabolism going to get in some serious feeds and conditioning. Did she do this for the breeder? Odds are heat was on the floor of her last residence. Good luck with her anyways :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back