I had to ban member from APS

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slateman

I am sorry but my real full name was used on APS by
member who has been baned from APS before and has been given 2nd chance.
Since that, we had to warn him 2 times.
It happen wit out any provocation.
I have to protect my privacy and I deleted his account 2nd time.
I am sorry but I hope that this will be warning to other people. Please do not use other members real names.
If they would like you to do that, they would not sign under nickname in first place.
We should respect other people privacy on Internet. Not all of us like to be public figure.
If you are given full name by fellow member for any reason, do not betray his trust please.

Moose that is not important. I am sure thathe will be winging about APS and me on other sites so that will be not secret to people who are interested.
I will not name him here.

We all know your name anyways...Slaters Maniculosus for those who dont.
Boing Boing

LOl moose, that avatar looks like it needs some support. :D

I want to..boing, boing..change it! But...boing, boing...my hand keeps...boing, boing..forcing itself away..boing...from the change avatar area! I'm getting real Damn dizzy...boing, boing... lookin' at em! LMAO

:p Hi jan,didnt your name used to appear on the old members list?i personally didnt see the post in question,was it said in a nasty way or threatening way?Only reason i ask is that some of the older members might of just took it as your full name was comon knowledge. :p

jan this is in no way defending whoever it may be,or trying to attack you,was just wondering out of curiosity.

cheers popp

Cant take my eyes away either! :lol: Yours and mine avatars are made for each other moose!

was he aware that you should not use your name, you do own this site, you arent anonymous.
was he warned from using your name?
it just seems a bit harsh when a word on the side would have done the job.

The member in question, was apparently given more than a few warnings. Its unfortunate but entirely up the owner. please refrain from further replys on this post, it will only foster further bad feeling. I will ask this post be locked. Thanks.

lmao - lovely self-appointed admin work there instar!
whose bad feelings will be further fostered! Im only asking if he was given a chance, how can you answer that?

So you and moose go off topic with your silly ramblings and now you want the thread locked before bad feelings are fostered?
Who are you to ask for the thread to be locked anyway?

Just trying to keep things pleasant Ad. A little forsight see's this one blowing up into a nasty thread. please be kind mate. :wink:

_popp_ said:
:p Hi jan,didnt your name used to appear on the old members list?i personally didnt see the post in question,was it said in a nasty way or threatening way?Only reason i ask is that some of the older members might of just took it as your full name was comon knowledge. :p

jan this is in no way defending whoever it may be,or trying to attack you,was just wondering out of curiosity.

cheers popp

I always use only my nick name here and just few people had my name. But that is not the point.
I newer ask anybody to use my real name.
We have certain privicy system here and that should be respected.
You remember how upset you was when I used your nickname only in my post. Well This is bit stronger, and conjunction how my name was used was not pleasing at all.
Some people have my name from previous e-mail dealings, some have it during snake sale or purchase but I newer authorised anybody to use it like that.
But in any case that was just one of many bridges.

ad said:
was he aware that you should not use your name, you do own this site, you arent anonymous.
was he warned from using your name?
it just seems a bit harsh when a word on the side would have done the job.

you have to be joking.
Would you like me to use your reall name here instead nickname?
Person in question is using internet forums and chatrooms at least 5 hours ewery day and I do not have to explain the basics to him.

ad said:
lmao - lovely self-appointed admin work there instar!
whose bad feelings will be further fostered! Im only asking if he was given a chance, how can you answer that?

AD you are completely out of touch.
Instar is the moderator and he did not appoint him self.
And yes mine feeling is getting further fostered. My name was the one used in bad manner.

I'm not on anybody's side or have an opinion about this - I haven't been here long enough.

but what I have noticed is Instar's constantly positive posts. He goes out of his way to make new people welcome, especially one's that were 'picked on'. He jumps into debates that have been turned into a s##t flinging contest, and diverts by making a joke or asking a question, and he is an all round nice guy on here. I think he has 'deflamed' quite a few topics subtly. I am very happy that he is a member here and does go out of his way to do this.

Just my $0.02.

~Nome

I am watching Instars post for many months now. We needed 2 more moderators to keep in touch with large postin wolume in forums. After 4 months of observation we choosed Earthmother and Instar. This by my opinion will balance the older and younger generation on this site.
I wish if the members would give our new mods fair go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back