I had to ban member from APS

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slateman said:
I After 4 months of observation we choosed Earthmother and Instar.

I wish if the members would give our new mods fair go.

Great choice, 2 perfect people for the job. Congrats guys :D

Further to Slatey's post, this person was skating on thin ice anyway, and the sarcastic comment he posted (which incuded Slatey's full name) was just the last straw in a long line of inflammatory posts and digs.

While I'm sorry to see him go, as I think he's usually a nice guy, his behaviour on the site for quite a while now has been less than perfect, and I therefore support Slatey's actions.

I think he knew it was coming, as he persisted in his comments and digs, despite several warnings, so I doubt he was surprised by it.

ppl make mistakes.if they continue to make mistakes then i guess they should go.if your name came up slatey and i've been here awhile i would have no idea who the name referred to.i can understand your privacy but if it was just a silly mistake and not a sm!@t%&se dig i think this might be an overeaction.if not the case then they should go.i think the silliest comment i've ever seen on this site came from you slatey.but i forgive you.at the end of the day it is your site.i just think in the past you have made some rash decisions.

just my opinion,nothing more,nothing less.

obee

:p Jan it wasnt that you used my name that upset me,it was the way in which you used it.
Popp read my thread properly. I am not saying that feeding life is bad. I understand that enything I say, will always have strong oposition from some people.
.I made a comment & you jumped over me for no reason at all,thats what upset me!!! :p

cheers popp

Hey Easter Bunny,,,ooooops oh crap I mean,,,, Slateman lol I think I just let your secret out. MORE MODS??? in the words of Shannon Noel (I am over hearing my daughter playing his songs) "What about me?" LOL not to worry though Slatey I didn't stuff up to bad, I mean I kept your secret about being Santa !!!! Oh crap I have done it again. Instar if you are going to be a Mod then you should make the hard descissions and close it down yourself so then the job is done. If someone starts annoying you just don't reply.

cwarren72 said:
. If someone starts annoying you just don't reply.

You mean like this?? Oh cr**, I've messed up. Oh well, consider yourself ignored! :lol:

Cwarren72. I have no idea what you talking about.
Did you have some beer before posting mate? :)

Obee, I did apologized publicly for my mistake. This decision about baning the person was not in spare of the moment. I had discussed this with others and we decided that if he will push his unfriendly actions against moderators any further , he have to go. He named me with purpose to upset and to do damage.

Popp i did and still think that your post was addressed to my reply, and that is why I replied to your nickname. If you saying that your comment was not inspired by my post, I have to take your world for it.
Anyway I was not rude to you and I do not see any reason to be upset to much about that.

Cwarren, This forum is not my duristiction mate, I was just hoping to prevent unpleasantness over a sensitive issue, as a member, not a moderator. In any case i will not go gung-ho, i will consult with other moderators about any issue that may arise before taking any action like that.
unless its quite obvious rules breach or nastiness, in which case i will be as fair to all parties as possible. Im new to it, and its not such an easy or straight forward job. I hope that you will be supportive too mate. :wink:

I just want to know why this thread was posted. If whoever said what ever and mentioned slatemans real name, shouldn't you jast can the thread and say no more, or pm those that were involved. It just seems to me that there would be less controversy if it just dissappeared.

Just a thought thats all.

I didn't ask Slatey what his motivation was in posting this thread, but maybe it was a gentle reminder that it is a privately run site, and we run it fairly strictly, hopefully to the benefit of the majority of users.

If you invite someone into your home, and they misbehave, you warn them that you don't like their behaviour. If they don't toe the line, you ask them to leave or help them do so.

Same difference, as far as I see it.

This thread was posted to let people know that to reveal other members real name is not right thing to do.
Mabe you are right and we should not mention anything. Well to late now.

I think the whole thing is fair enough ...'GASP'....oh yes! I think Slatey has done the right thing by posting the fact that he ousted someone from here, and posted the reasons for it.

Would people sooner the member disappeared without a trace, only to find out through the grapevine who ousted him, and probably given the wrong explaination for the reason of being ousted? And on the topic of moderators, I don't personally know Instar, but I reckon he'll do a great job! As posted earlier he does try his hardest to diffuse a situation that looks like it's getting out of hand.

just to put my 2 cents in, i dont think it was overly fair to have him banned because posting your name was the final straw slatey. do i know you personally? nope. but i have known your full name for a long time. quite a few times i have seen it posted on aps and i think once may have even been by SJ? correct me if i'm wrong there and i would like to point out that this post is not meant in an aggressive way. and i dont believe that he WANTED to be banned...yes he may have issues with the mods but i dont think anyone would WANT to be banned..if someone doesnt like it then they can easily leave. i am sure he would have done so if that was what he wanted.

anyway, like i said, thats just my 2 cents.

Slateman you did the same thing mentioning John Field's complete name and aliases in a thread when him and Steveethepom were arguing, I guess double standards is an issue here huh :)

As Slateman posted
(We had to cancel our get together meeting because this person John Field Known by APS members as( CC or Cyber_crime)
People were scared to be abuse by him.)

I am hearing from many people that my name is common to everybody.
I do not thing so.
I personally use my name when I e-mail people, and I did e-mailed this person year ago. That is not giving him right to use it in forum.
I do know names of our members and I would newer use this knowledge that way.
Many people who we baned from APS previously do pretend that they are me in chat rooms and other forums. Cybre crimes did published website where he insulted me and my family and give all my details included address to public.
We had to deal with this and his site was canceled by server. But that is still not permission to use my name against my will.
I did some herp trade with people here and they have my details, but I am sure that they are decent enough not to publish them.
This is last comment on that issue by me.

Slatey old Pal, I was having a joke with you big fella lol It wasn't meant to make sense. Anyways mate I think that you don't need to explain yourself to me or anybody else on this as that is part of the beauty of having your own site. For everybody out there I think we all need to remember that it is his site and as such he can do and say what he wants. If any of you disagree then I think that maybe you need to have a reality check, I mean think of it this way , if this was YOUR site would take crap off anyone? I know I wouldn't pretty simple idea really. hey Just my Two cents worth. ( Zoe lol That makes four)

sorry slatey but like i said, i dont know you but have known your name for a while. it has been mentioned here a few times otherwise how would i know it? and no im not stalking you :wink:

col, you have 4 cents? :wink:

Slatey - in the world of computers, you can get most peoples details in a matter of minutes without even breaking the law. There's no such thing as privacy.

However, your site = your rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back