I Lost My Best Friend

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Said Jamie, it may be a while before another puppy, nothing at this stage will fill that void she left and it’s not fair a new arrival to try either.

Thank you Mungus, she will never be forgotten.

I’m glad she was in my arms for her final moments.

- - - Updated - - -

Well Said Jamie, it may be a while before another puppy, nothing at this stage will fill that void she left and it’s not fair a new arrival to try either.

Thank you Mungus, she will never be forgotten.

I’m glad she was in my arms for her final moments.

Just a thought from one who has always allowed his dog/s very close to his heart (got three of the buggers running the household at the moment)... it's always almost unbearably painful when we lose them, for whatever reason, but I'm not being flippant when I say time is a good healer. My ultimate response, when the time has been right, has been to seek out another squishy little puppy from a breeder who loves them just as much as you do (connecting with like minds is very comforting, this is VERY important, and a very big part of the healing process). The new arrival will never replace the girl you have lost, but it will give you a new focus and the realisation that, although we sometimes don't want it to, life does go on and there are still rewards to be had into the future.

Jamie

I do agree, though I've never lost a dog, but perhaps when the time does come from another dog, check as many pounds/shelters/rescues as you can instead of buying from a breeder, as there are always bull terriers in need of homes, due to their extremely inaccurate reputations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back