I love my Grandma!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

starr9

Reaction score
So my Mum, Grandma and I are very close. We do lots o f things together when we can and get along very well! Now I try to get to see my Grandma as much as I can and help her out around her place as shes 83 (my Grandfather passed away 8yrs ago so its just her at there place). She is so amazing she takes very good care of her self, drops over to other "oldies" to help them out and drive them places, is in a writing group, and is apart of lots of things in her area.

Now my Mum is not a fan of snakes, shes getting there and trying to move past her fear as she has been bitten a few times over the years (She admits her fault she was in there "house" moving things around). My Grandma on the other hand walked right up to my girl Charli's (Stimmi) enclosure and asked to hold her. So I got her out and handed her over and Grandma had no problems, in fact she loved her and didnt want to give her back!! hahahah!!

Any way I was over her place the other day (Last time I may see her before we go away for 2 weeks) and she was asking all about Charli and how shes going. Then she pipes up with "Well if you ever need someone to look after her I would be more than happy to have her here for as long as you need. In fact I decided to get a few books on looking after snakes etc just in case you ever need me too." Well I have not been so moved and proud of her!!! Shes now talking about getting one for her self!!! At 83 I think thats an amazing and Mum I could not stop smiling!

So who else out there has amazing family/member as cool as my grandma?!?!

That's super cool. You are very lucky to have such a great nan.

I Know right!?! Thanks for that! I cant stop telling people how amazing she is! Tho I must say my other Nan (Not by blood or anything, she taught me how to ride horses, and got me into reptiles as she was born and raised in the bush) is amazing too! Shes 75 and still rides horses every day, cares for all her animals and kids who ride with her, and so much more! Any one who knows Nancy Capewell will understand how luck I am! Iv been super lucky to have some amazing, strong, independent lady's in my life!!!

Sounds like you got my grandmother and I got jipped:D. Very lucky to have family like you do. Cherish it. P.s. I think I love your grandma too:D

Last edited:
Thats so cool.... My mum is 85 and will at least pat my snakes.... rats...... mice....... frog...... etc

She isnt game enough to hold one yet :rolleyes: (I said yet) :lol:

Dad is 87 and a grumpy old fart.... he still craps on "the only good snake.... ):rolleyes:

starr I LOVE YOUR GRANDMA!!

thats so wicked! my sister is the same. she was terrifed until she met my baby and now shes trying to talk her partner into getting one :p

My nan LOVES my python! She loves having it around her shoulders and she talks to it like this: " aren't you a beautiful boy! Yesh you are, yesh u are!!! Lol :b

I Know right!?! Thanks for that! I cant stop telling people how amazing she is! Tho I must say my other Nan (Not by blood or anything, she taught me how to ride horses, and got me into reptiles as she was born and raised in the bush) is amazing too! Shes 75 and still rides horses every day, cares for all her animals and kids who ride with her, and so much more! Any one who knows Nancy Capewell will understand how luck I am! Iv been super lucky to have some amazing, strong, independent lady's in my life!!!

Are you talking about Nancy Capewell in Caboolture?
If you are, she's an incredibly strong woman, and one of the most important female figures in my life. I've been riding with her for 4 years now, once a week still, but hopefully will be getting out to her more often when I get more time. Lovely horses as well, they're full of personality and I love them to bits.

Your grandma sounds great :) never forget when my tiny 90 something year old great aunt
walked up to me and my carpet python, and just gently picked her up. She then told me she'd had a wild carpet in her house the week before, so just picked it up and took it outside. Bless them :)

Haha oh man this reminded me of my grandparents! now my Nonna still believes snakes are the devil incarnated but I made my other grandparents come round to meet Snuffles and my grandpa loved her and kept patting her and when I call them it's always "How's Snuffs?" they even come over to visit her!
Only awkward moment was one day my pa had hand surgery and put out his hand to pat Snuffles and she used his wrist as an anchor and squeezed around him. Felt bad for that.

So yes, grandparents really surprise you. Since having my snake I found out that many years ago my nanna let my uncle keep an injured flying fox in his wardrobe.
COOL

thanks for letting us know this starr9. really a heart warming story, cheered me up for a slow Thursday!!

Can your gran be mine too? :p
I think you know what to get her for her 84th!!

Oh Im glad it made your day treeofgreen!!!

Yes she can be your gran too!!!! She would love that!!! :D

I can see her with a nice Stimmie for her birthday!!! Good idea!!!

my nan held my bobtail and my mum wouldnt she hand fed it and everything i was so proud haha GOOD ON YA NAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back