I need urgent help with my lacey! :'(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

josiah7

Reaction score
hello i have a 9 month old lacey. recently he has been getting lots of blisters on his back and he wont eat. i try and feed him everyday but only take tiny bits when hes in aggression mode i am afraid hes going to die:'( when i put food or water in his mouth he spits it out!
please does any one know whats wrong with him or can someone give me a reptile vet or hospital so i can take him asap.
:( please someone help me:(

Where in Melbourne are you? Dr Shane Simpson at Karigal vet is a herp vet, have taken my snake to him and he was really good, knew what he was talking about.

Over an hour. Other herp vets are Dr Peter Cameron at Altona Vet Hospital, Dr Brendan Carmel at Warranwood Vet or Jim Greenwood at Canterbury vet in Surrey Hills, one of them is probably closer for you, but I have never personally been to them.
Let me know if you want any contact details.

Altona would be your closest one.
Dr Peter Cameron at North Altona Vet Hospital
221 Millers Rd
North Altona
03 9391 5837

Hope your little guy is ok

calling now.
thanks for your help.
will keep updated with what happens

they shut down, no more reptile vets and the doctor doesnt work there no more. just called

Really? Thats odd, cos the ad was in the latest Reptiles Au mag
Google maps says the next closest to you is surrey Hills, will take about 40 mins via CityLink
Canterbury Veterinary Clinic 354 Canterbury Rd, Surrey Hills
03 9836 2708
Dr Jim Greenwood

i just called up the one from warranwood and i have an appointment tomorrow. so hope evrything goes good. ill keep you updated.
thanks again for everything

what you mean mate i have changed the light globes multiple time to even 50 watts and hes still being burnt so stop making up that excuse!

50 watt in a 7 foot enclosure is not a sufficient heat source for a monitor especially not with the weather being the way it is

the photo you have posted on the monitor thread shows that his skin is actually shedding not blistered

mate its blistering does clear puss come out when its shedding? i have never seen a lizard do that. and you say 50watt not enough i put 100watt and thats to much. doesn't make no sense at all!

How long have you had the Monitor for? Who did you get it from? Can the breeder or seller offer advice?

i have had it for about 3 weeks. i got it from kupper, and all he says is you heat lamp is to hot and i have changed it multiple times and honestly its not even helped one bit!

what you mean mate i have changed the light globes multiple time to even 50 watts and hes still being burnt so stop making up that excuse!

Can you take a pic of the setup?. A 50w globe would be nowhere near hot enough for a lacey unless the globe is sitting right on top of it. Have you measured the temps at all? If so what where they?

In a 7 foot tank it needs atleast 150 watt , you need to make sure it can't get access to the light so it doesn't cause burns

what part of that wasn't clear to you ? Didn't mention anything about downgrading light wattages

if you can't take care of an animal properly you shouldn't have the animal to start with . That was also made clear to you

I also asked you on multiple occasions how you intended to keep the animal before even contemplating handing it over .

Sounds like you only told me what I wanted to hear so I would hand it over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back