I need urgent help with my lacey! :'(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it has nothing to do with the heat lamp. he just kept saying to me the lamp is to hot thats why its getting blisters. so i changed the globe for a week and but a 50 watt and still getting blisters.07062010135.jpg15052010106.jpg

look at the pics how is he suppose to burn him self? tell me jump in the air and sizzle him self!
i left the lizard and have been patient and hes slowly getting better!

Is this the lacey you have to sell now because you have no room for it?

yeah thats right! im selling that tank and the lizard and most of everything else i have! i payed 350$ for the lacey and regret doing so.

That light looks too low which could cause burns, i'd lift it up & go the 100watt or 150watt in an enclosure that size.

To me those photos still look like he is just shedding

After almost thirty pm's backwards and forwards I still don't beleive you have the setup correct and itsure as hell doesn't look like what you explained it to be

And I put forth the idea of him possibly burnin himself on his heat source as a potential cause of the "blisters"

But witnessing one of these lizards sit on a BBQ hot plate to eat meat and coming out unscaved has put that to rest

Get a 150 watt light globe and secure it better inside the enclosure about 30 cm from the floor and you will notice that the animal will eat more also it's activity level will increase also

I am starting to feel like a broken record as This is not the first time I have told you this
I beleive we also went threw this before you picked it up . I also beleive your reply was something along the lines of " I have done my research " ?

yeah come have a look at the lizard tonight if you want and the setup?

What time are you available for me to do so ? I'll néed to go home to get the appropriate lighting first

I bet the lacey regrets the fact that you bought it as well...

maybe cover the top with mesh, with an opening and have a screw-in reflecter on the top sitting on the mesh.
so he cant get too close to it and burn himself. and a wattage of 100w with a temp gage that tells you how hot it is in the enclosure so its not too hot.

I put alot of time into that Lacey to tame it down ect and had it walking on a leash before it left here , hand feeding and happily walking around whilst I was in the herp room cleaning

it is a major dissapointment that Josiah is having issues with the animal due to incorrect husbandry especially considering the effort I went to to make sure setup and research requirements where forfilled

I have a fair few things to do tonight
I'll send you a pm with confirmation times but at this stage it looking like around ten tonight

And if that doesn't suit then maybe get your cousin branca to come around and set it up seeing as he seems to get the idea

ive told you to do that mesh before and you said you were going to do it.

it wont be and he cant get near the globe as good, because the mesh is in the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back