I need urgent help with my lacey! :'(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks guys :)
next time i wont be so stubborn. lol im still only 15:p
and i will have patience for Jerome :)

Josiah, what's with the licencing in your state? Don't you need to be on a class 2 licence to own a lacie? And be over 18 years of age?

Just curious.

no in Vic lacies are basic license. and in Vic you don't need to be 18 just as long as you have a parent sign the license forms. :)

Josiah - as has been pointed out - it's good that you're now taking the advice. Just keep remembering that this site and alot of the members here are a wealth of knowledge that are prepared to take the time to help others for no other reason than because they are good people. Who knows - maybe oneday in the future you can help someone like you're being helped - and the big wheel wil; continue to keep turning mate!

Good luck!

I've just finished reading the posts on this thread & can I just say...WHAT A ROLLERCOASTER! LOL.
Josiah7 you had the wrong setup to begin with but it is now improving, & $350 is a small price to pay for a tame lacey. I have a lace monitor approximately the same age, here is how I've got my setup is a 1200x1200x600 plywood enclosure with very small vents down low, I use thick eucalyptus mulch on the base (atleast 15-20cm deep), HEAPS of hides, large water dish, big branchs, logs & the heating is supplied by 2x50W halgon floods up high with a basking area approx 30cm below, UV light is placed in the same area. Also misting the mulch once per week helps with humdity & shedding.

Just my opinion but 15yr olds should definately not be able to keep a lace monitor.

What the?!???!!! You just tried to sell me this Lacie for $450 on Sunday when you thought it was sick with blisters and payed $350 for it??!!! I was JUST organising my friend in Melbourne to come and look at it and setting up it's enclosure here in QLD!! So it is not for sale then I gather?? - and you were trying to sell it when you thought it was sick but didn't mention that to me??? GREAT. Another reason why you should never buy anything if you can't get someone to view it for you (I had someone who was going to though)...

Hmm yes I didn't realise he only JUST bought it..... On the phone he said he had had it less than 6 months though and was going to call up for special permission to sell it early..... I assumed this was possible as I am not familiar with the laws there......... Certainly didn't mention that he was selling it because he thought it was sick though!!

you can get permission to sell it. i am not selling it any more i am going to stick it out through thicka and thin. i told other buyers its not for sale must of forgotten about you. anyway its going doctors tomorrow.

he wont eat. i try and feed him everyday but only take tiny bits when hes in aggression mode i am afraid hes going to die:'( when i put food or water in his mouth he spits it out!
please does any one know whats wrong with him

Getting back to the issue of feeding.....

There's nothing actually wrong with your lacie. Obviously the temperatures within the enclosure were too cool for it to have a feeding response, but also any handling or disturbing while it's settling into it's new enclosure will put it off from feeding. You need to leave it alone for quite some time, and just leave a plate of food in the enclosure (as Imported_Varanus said). A healthy lacie in optimal conditions will NEVER need to be force-fed.

Also, regarding your heat globe, I'm not sure that it will heat the enclosure sufficiently. It may only heat the area directly under it, while the rest of the tank stays quite cold. This is fine during summer, but now it's getting cold it may not be enough to elicit a feeding response from the monitor. So you may be waiting until after winter before it starts feeding again, unless you intervene by adding more heat sources within the enclosure.

alright i will buy another globe and put it at the other end of the tank. that will help it out a bit wont it?

Firstly, I would try to set the first globe up more securely. Perhaps have it fixed to a piece of 2x4 timber that is placed over the top of the tank. Then I may place another globe 3-4 feet long, so you have a more suitable thermal gradient (in theory, anyway).

Good show tonight.. so glad I have this site in my study breaks.

also but heat cord or heat mat which one do you recommend?

Depends where you want to put either. Neither a heat mat or heat cord will be safe options if the monitor has access to it, so neither can go inside the enclosure. I'm not sure, but heat cord may actually crack the glass if placed underneath it.

Thanks Josiah for PMing me to clear things up - all good now and good luck with your lovely pet - I'm only dissapointed he's not coming my way :)

hey mate go see Dr Peter Cameron at Altona. i take all my snakes he is good... Lets us no if u need anything else :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back