Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbiee

Reaction score
Ive had a green tree snake for a couple of months now, he’s always been normal since the day I bought him however a couple of days ago he became all strange, almost like he’s got no energy to do anything. I’ve been feeding him he’s eating he loves laying back in the water bowl I don’t know what’s wrong.

He’s about 70cm in length, no thicker then an average adults pinkie. I’ve always taken good care of him taking him out of his cage for a couple of hours most days except for after feeding time. Some times he won’t even move for hours and when I handle him he’s not as active as he used to be he kinda lets his head dangle if I place him down on my lap or palm he legit won’t move which he doesn’t normally do. When placed in the cage he just won’t move sometimes he rolls his head over it’s just strange it almost looks like he’s got no energy or something.

Jake

How old is it?
What substrate do you use?
What do you clean the enclosure with?

Almost sounds like a poisoning?
Do you use fly spray and air freshener etc around it?
All valid questions.. A lot of info needed here, even pics of the setup and room it's in could be beneficial.

How old is it?
What substrate do you use?
What do you clean the enclosure with?

Almost sounds like a poisoning?
Do you use fly spray and air freshener etc around it?
all very important questions.I refuse to use fly spray etc. in my house which can sometimes be a problem in itself but my reptiles come first!!!!

all very important questions.I refuse to use fly spray etc. in my house which can sometimes be a problem in itself but my reptiles come first!!!!
Not just fly spray, but also those automatic Airwick air fresheners. They're just as bad. In my reptile room, I also have twin 10 gallon aquariums setup solely for breeding Red Cherry Shrimp. I started with 16 individuals 19 months ago and now have a countless community. I don't let ANYTHING in that room at all. I don't even let the annual pest control mob spray the outside of that room when they come every year in January.

Probably not relevant in this scenario, but even Cat and dog flea and tick treatments like spot-ons and collars are hazardous to turtles... not sure about other reptiles, but Many a time keepers have been out in the back yard roughing it with the family pooch then come inside and reached into their turtle aquarium without washing their hands and their turtle/s have become ill very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back