I posted my Olive on Facebook, jokingly called it a Brown Snake and now this's happen

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Royziee

Not so new Member
Reaction score
8ytutuda.jpg

y8emerug.jpg

I have an inside joke with my mates calling her a Brown but now it's accidentally going viral... I don't expect everyone in the world to know the difference between a python and elapid but it proves most people will believe anything they read on the Internet. I wonder how far it will go?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Going up every minute too. Lol I made the pic public too if any aps people wanna check it out for a laugh. Lol

That was like when I had my python on the grass at my place and a cop was passing and asked me if it was dangerous then I had to ask him if he was australian
Coastals don't look anything like elapid snakes then had to teach him the diff

LOL One of my friends shared it and I remember liking the pic but saying that it was like no brown snake I've ever seen (the pic was too small for me to tell for sure it was an olive).

Lol, I saw it the other week. People were freaking out! I found it quite hilarious

While doing a snake call out the other day, which I was told it was a brown snake to find out it was only a brown tree snake the owner had to show me this crazy pic of a brown snake on someone s front door. You got it he shows me the ops pic, no matter how much I told him it was an olive python he still was convinced it was a brown my word against the people on facebook and facebook won because it was in print which means it had to be true. Stupid hey.

People love to blindly follow what's posted on the net, especially Facebook!

Good giggle for anyone who knows the truth though :)

When I first saw it on Facebook I had a good laugh. But 2000+ shares, that's even funnier. I think "Meanwhile in Australia" stole it from you. Still funny.

Your pet's health and happiness, isn't just a responsibility, it should be your priority.

This popped up in my news feed multiple times last month, spent half a day correcting people that it wasn't a brown lol.

Yes, a friend of mine shared it, I told her it was an olive python. In fact if you read the comments lots
of people say it's a python but they get ignored. It's not as interesting if it's not a "poisonous one".

I work on a mine site and, as everyone there knows I like reptiles and snakes, had numerous people show me that picture of a "brown". To many people everything is a brown out there.

Lots of olives around the camp there, in fact one ate my neighbors sock the other morning that he had left out.
I came back to my room after breakfast and found him looking for his sock. I saw the snake under the step about 2 foot from his feet and said that python probably ate it as a joke. On closer inspection the snake had a sock sized lump in it!

so your the one who posted that! i have had many people sharing it worried and asking me if it was real or not was it a brown. We cant joke with people about these things people believe too easy anything about snakes that is detrimental. There is that many stupid people around it never ceases to amaze me.

- - - Updated - - -

haha nice! people will believe anything they see on the internet. you should try one of those long unbelievable stories posted with it you often see. 'this snake was found climbing my door, not long after, it attacked 4 victims inside, 3 of which were killed... yada yada yada'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back