I think I deserve my own thread...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vat69

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I just got back from the airport to pick up my water python, and I was going to reply to the tread about Nic and David's olives (Great Barrier Reef! guys, they finally arrived!Yay! I expect the full story tonight Nic :D ) but after reading how calm and lovely David's baby was, I decided against it.

The second I opened my water's bag, it went to tag my hand.Even before she got out, she was in the 'S' position, tongue flicking constantly, ready to take me and my dad on if we dared to touch her. :D Ahh,what a little trooper.Even after the long flight, she still had enough energy to want to kill me.I love it :D

Even though she kinda reminds me of an angry, angry little worm, her colours took me by surprise, she's that lovely. :D I think she's beautiful and I can't wait to get the handling sessions underway.I don't particulary want a 2m water python striking at whatever moves, like she's doing now.

Thanks again to Paul, your generosity is...well..it's beyond words how much I appreciate your help. :D

congrats

Congratulations! Fun, ain't it?

Paul breeds em good up there!

Looking forward to the photos!

I thought it was you getting the water python! Well congrats to you too of course. Gotta' love those snakes with spunk! I'm sure she'll mellow out for you after you handle her awhile. Good thing you got her when she's small, eh? Man oh man, everyone and their new babies. Gotta' love it. Can't wait to see some pictures, and hear how she settles in. Keep us posted.

Not that I'm aware of Alex. Males are usually a little smaller, but don't bank on it. I've seen males at 12ft. Really all said and done, they aren't as huge as you might think. Try to find someone who has an adult you can handle, and I think you might be surprised. Don't just go by numbers on care sheets. 12ft seems bigger than it really is.

Congrats Erin...
Sorry I'm not there tonight... I just can't drag myself away from Clarice.
(I did post to tell you, but that was before we lost the forum)

Clarice was a little perturbed too when I first came home... but she let me have a little cuddle without any punishment, and is all coiled up now as oposed to the old S...

...What's your Water's name?
Get some photos happening when you can!

There's something about these babies. I went through it a couple of weeks ago and am still just stunned by mine each time I handle her. I get a buzz reading your posts on baby Water and Olives. I'm really pleased for you Erin,David and Nicole. Gee aint snake keeping just sooooooo cool.

:lol:

congratulations erin!! heh, yeah, that will ge great fun trying to tame her :p let us know when you've posted pics!!

Theres no such thing as a dwarf olive.
What you do,is when the snake gets too big,just cut it in half.
They regenerate..the same as worms and you end up with two snakes.
I have taken a couple grafts off my green tree snake already!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back