I think I might have my ambitions mixed up with my capabilities

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL hubby would love that one...i have a huge tv cabinet that should go next but i really want to do a wardrobe/ corner cabinet next. i have also found a really nice cabinet on gumtree just waiting for a reply from the seller its very different. i'm going to leave it for a few hours my house has been demolished while i have been preoccupied.... 3 year old is running around in the nuddy so i better push the inner artist back inside and allow the parent and housewife out

LOL, I'm off to a wedding shortly so i won't be able to check up on you for a while, some off the bargains out there at the moment are amazing, I have to stop looking for a while or I'll have a shed full and no room to move:)

lol... i dont even have a shed to keep them in lol.... hubby hates it coz all my work is done under the carport or in the bedroom

My shed is my 2nd home, I do 99% of my work out there, only small hides and stuff get done inside. That way I can be as messy as I like.

tree and roots dry brushed now.... still some details and moss etc to do. i found some instructions for moss that uses pva glue, sand green ink was and the some lighter green dry drushing on top... it looks good but still have to work out were to place it

Attachments

• rockwall2 034.jpg
    rockwall2 034.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 166
  • rockwall2 036.jpg
    rockwall2 036.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 138
  • rockwall2 035.jpg
    rockwall2 035.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 138
It's looking really good, it's great when it all starts to come together isn't it :)

Thanks uys it wasnt actually very hard work, im not artistic at all, if i can do it anyone can.

Jax im really happy with how it has turned out.... the photos just dont do it justice.

Treg im wondering if i should have put that black ink spray over the tree stump to age it a bit though, but once i get in some branches, fake plants, lightin it really should all come together nicely... now i just have to find the cash for all of that

I'd ink spray all over, just a little lighter over the tree and vines, it will give it more of an aged look rather than a nice crip new colour, JMO.

You'll find that you'll start to get a supply pile going once you've finished this one, you'll find all sorts of things as you wander the shops (cheap plants etc, ) and grabthem as you see them, a couple of dollars here and there doesn't hurt so much. :)

so come on............ you've had a couple of days... hows it looking ??

Last edited:
no no updates atm- got to wait til i have the $$$$ for the pondtite and glass. i did get to see one of my snakes use my first rockwall last night to help her shed, it was cool to watch and even cooler to know that the rockwall i made helped her i will post pics as soon as i have it done ;)

Just remember, you can paint over it :p, so you don't have much to loose.

Not much to lose ! ? ! Try a months worth of freezing my nose off, night after night ( still have to work ) to stand there last night and look at it objectively and screw my face up :( I don't know why I don't like it, it's just not what was in my head, so I called into the big green shed on the way home for more supplies.
I've been kicking myself all day. It's not often I FUBAR, but when I do it's back to an all over flat colour paint job

I cant wait to see the finished product for this enclosure, you have done such a great job! So much so, that I might try (well hubby will anyways!) to do this kind of design for our diamond's enclosure - hope you dont mind!

well im finally putting on the pondtite, i managed to fit it into the budget so started on Tuesday, done 3 layers already and am going to put on atleast another one and maybe a 5th on the higher traffic areas like the ledges and roots. Im thinking about heading out to look for some fake plants today but not sure i can be bothered... have had a migrane for days, so should probably take it easy( have wondered if its the pondtite smell thats setting it off???? make sure you use it in a ventilated area guys).

After i started putting on the pondtite i realised there just isnt enough green mold on there.... hopefully i can hide that mistake with some vines and stuff wrapped around the branches, im still looking for the right branch.... mite have to take a bush walk on the weekend to find one. I did find a great tile for the basking spot though.... two tone grey looks great in there. I have the light fitting and now i just need to wire it in.... wow i didnt realise there was still so much to do. I got a quote for the glass and its going to defiantly break the budget, lucky im in no hurry to get it inhabitted, none of mine r big enough for it anyway

i'll keep you posted

Woohoo, at least it's moving forward. I didn't notice any smell with the pondtite, and I too suffer migraine with strong fumes, but be careful, maybe take it out under the verandah or failing that, put a fan or low behind you to blow the fumes away from you, I do that when I'm torching the foam,
Your one step closer

Just a little bit of a tip guys i found i could mix acrylic paint into pondtite and it still works ,,,, i did this as i found the sandstone colour dry far to light for me .... so might be worth a try for you guys ... it was just acrylic art paint :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back