Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zard

Reaction score
some of u may remember we have had a few snakes visit us lately

a large coastal
a smallish brown tree snake
a little green tree snake which we have seen several times since posting

after the last snake i said 'at least we havent had anything venomous'
well i jinxed myself

today this turns up

i know what this is :D

Nice snake. You'll have to edit your original post and replace the pic with a resized one, or just delete it and post the resized pic separately.

we get heaps of RBBS around my area.
Nice snakes, saw a hatchling dead at the top of my street yesterday i think it died from the heat

zard said:
can someone tell me what the toxicity level of one of these little buggas is???

I wouldn't want to get a bite from a hatchling. Even though they are small, their venom is alot stronger then that of an adult. They need to kill their prey almost imediatly. So I've been told. Correct me if I'm wrong.

zard said:
can someone tell me what the toxicity level of one of these little buggas is???
no sure on level but pritty sure u can have them aon a class 1 licence and they say that they r easier to handle than some pythons

The venom is of the same toxicity as that of an adult, only there is less injected when it bites. Still can cause you alot of hassles.

rbb snake venom is not that bad u would not even get anti-venom. u get something else not sure what it is but they r spose to be fairly relaxed

neurotxic and mildy coagulent ..not sure about the juvenile thing ,but id prefer a bite from a black to a brown..zard wrote:
?can someone tell me what the toxicity level oone of these little buggas is???f
im not about the level..mild compared to browns & tigers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back