I think my snake is really sick.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you should be that hard on yourself. We sometimes forget that everything live eventually dies, sometimes sooner than we anticipate, and often despite all we do to keep them alive, and it's never easy, even when your pet is old and that day is expected. It's just part of the normal cycle of things...

Nice words, Pythoninfinite. The other thing is that we cannot know for sure why the snake got sick. It could have been anything, or any combination of things. Without solid, scientific evidence, it's all speculation. So please don't blame yourself, Sinderella.

Hi Sinderella, I will PM you with an offer for your Son as I feel its majorly important to help him through the stress and as Jamie said, a new focus to nurture and love to take his mind off the loss is very important.
I did have a similar experience fairly recently, when our much beloved Bengal cat Maxi which we had for 7 years (kids 10 & 6) grew up with and was hit by a car when we moved into our new home beginning of the year. we live in a dead end street and it wasn't a local, it was a visitor we believe as a neighbor saw it happen and alerted us.
This was during the day guys and he was kept inside at night, to save all the sledges about free roaming cats in which I agree.....:rolleyes: We are responsible cat owners and herp lovers!
I then searched Australia wide for another Bengal and managed to get one 1 week after the tragedy. It was the BEST thing I have done to stop my grieving kids from feeling so low.
PM sent..

Sinderella,i am so sorry for your loss.

I have not read this whole thread, but agree with southside and pythoninfinite. We had to put my 3 yr olds cat down recently and the best thing we did for her was to replace her friend as quick as possible. she still asks for her "big miaow" but is easily distracted by her new friend, Henry...

Hope your little man handled his pain well.

Sarah

Last edited:
oh, thats terrible, so sorry to hear that. :(

i agree on getting him another snake, when my fave beardy died last year i already had shingles on order, which i really didnt want after losing Chub, i thought about cancelling them, but 2 weeks later tehy arrived and managed to make me smile,...

it wont make the pain go away, but would be a good distraction.

I stated early on that there was no blame to be laid here. The outcome would likely have been the same had you not moved.

Nicholas’ situation has touched our hearts. You need to stay strong for him and not feel guilty about something that was beyond your control. With a broken toe last week the little bloke is having a tough run at the moment. Take the advice given and avail yourself of the help offered.

In the meantime, we can only hope that Nicholas somehow finds the ability to cope - for his sake and yours. This is my heartfelt wish for you.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

Finally I have some good news, Nicholas was given a 2.5 year old Stimson Python and he is in love with him. He has called him 'AZTEC'
He constantly comments on how awesome he is, and loves holding him or just watching him in his enclosure. Aztec is a very quiet, placid snake just like Monty was.
Nick will never forget Monty and talks about her all the time, but Aztec has put the cheeky smile back on his face.

Thanks everyone :)

Yahhhh:)
He is a beautiful boy - ooh I mean both python and human, I am glad he is with a loving owner.
Can't wait until I see pics of nick and aztec!
Hey nick how is he going? Thanks for the card, my mission for you, is to get your mum to hold Aztec, remember you have to take a pic:)
I hope I get some hatchies that look like and behave like Aztec....will keep you up dated.

Cheers nat

Yahhhh:)
He is a beautiful boy - ooh I mean both python and human, I am glad he is with a loving owner.
Can't wait until I see pics of nick and aztec!
Hey nick how is he going? Thanks for the card, my mission for you, is to get your mum to hold Aztec, remember you have to take a pic:)
I hope I get some hatchies that look like and behave like Aztec....will keep you up dated.

Cheers nat

Wow, that is a beautiful gesture; something which is not seen nearly enough these days. Good on you :)

As for Nick, I'm very glad he has a new friend to enjoy :)

I had a stimmy that did the same thing, unfortunately she died, bu there is deffs some neurological problems. Go straight to the vet and dont give up.

I agree with tracylee. That is a very generous and truly big-hearted gesture. Good on ya Nat. You’re are really tops for doing that.

Cindy,
I can almost hear the relief in your voice (as well as the joy, of course) as I read your post. Placid Stimmies make excellent pets and do not mind being regularly handled. Stimmies in general tend to be pretty healthy animals - not too susceptible to bugs or problems as long as the basic husbandry is there. They will frequently go off their food over winter, even if the heat is maintained, and not start again until late spring or thereabouts. Nat could fill you in on the history but it does sound like he would have cooled him if he used it to breed this season.

After such a harrowing time I am really happy to hear Nicholas has taken to his new friend, relieved for you and your hubby, and blown away by the generosity and caring shown you by Nat.

Blue

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a stimmy that did the same thing, unfortunately she died, bu there is deffs some neurological problems. Go straight to the vet and dont give up.

You missed the part that Cindy & her son lost their snake........after trying so hard her fight came to an end. :(
So glad your son is handling it so well Cindy, its great that he now has a new playmate, & i agree with Tracey, thats a lovely gesture Nat, good on u!

Mike......Nat is actually a girl! But once again, your words are as lovely as ever!

Oops. Sorry Nat. I was confusing your pseudonym with someone else. And was a little too preoccupied with proceedings to notice my error.

Thanks Bel. What would I do without you looking out for me? I do hope you enjoyed a little snigger though - it was definitely worthy of one. What a dumb bunny!

Oops. Sorry Nat. I was confusing your pseudonym with someone else. And was a little too preoccupied with proceedings to notice my error.

Thanks Bel. What would I do without you looking out for me? I do hope you enjoyed a little snigger though - it was definitely worthy of one. What a dumb bunny!

Not dumb at all, its easy to do, & besides as i said, ur words are still lovely! Im missing my morning laughs a bit though........a trip to perth has to be in order soon! ;)

LOL, I think I will be okay;-)
Thank you for the kind words, its just nice to be able to help out, often most situations you cannot do anything to improve them, but this one I hope I made a little better......
I always provide a full history with every animal, so they have every detail (weight of python, last shed, last defeacation, weight of current food etc) for the past year, and it included a care sheet for him.

Thankyou Bel.

That's good to know Nat. In this instance I am sure you were able to make things a LOT better! Your professionalism is only exceeded by your generosity. I admire what you have done and what it has achieved.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back