I think we just found a corn snake!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
apart for killing everything that comes in contact with them?????

Yeah cane toads are definatly on the war path! When I go for walks I always see them throwing themselves into snakes mouths....

How do they even get them over ere i thought they were pretty strict on this stuff??

Some of the exotics that are being bred were bought over in the 70's and 80's. So thats why there well established.

i do agree guys it is so irresponsible, the idiot that had it obviously didnt keep it locked up, its a shame that idiots have to ruin it for the rest of us, there will never be a hope of ever being to keep one legally because of idiots who think their better then the law. It was an amazing experience to have seen it, and my mate has handed it over to a wildlife carer. thanks to all that offered help and numbers to the DECC. was truely a random experience but a snake ill never forget..

Nice one Fuscus :lol:

Yes, they intentionally go out of there way to kill things... :rolleyes:

Errr was that sarchasm? They do actually go around intentionally killing stuff most of the time, its the sort of thing a predator does. Much like any native herp species.

i do agree guys it is so irresponsible, the idiot that had it obviously didnt keep it locked up, its a shame that idiots have to ruin it for the rest of us, there will never be a hope of ever being to keep one legally because of idiots who think their better then the law. It was an amazing experience to have seen it, and my mate has handed it over to a wildlife carer. thanks to all that offered help and numbers to the DECC. was truely a random experience but a snake ill never forget..

Respect. Well done.

Nice one Fuscus :lol:

Errr was that sarchasm? They do actually go around intentionally killing stuff most of the time, its the sort of thing a predator does. Much like any native herp species.

Yes they intentionally kill their prey (insects, small animals) but they do not go out of their way to intentionally kill the creatures that predate on them, their poison is a defence mechanism not a murder weapon. Cane toads are just trying to survive like any other life form (they are just doing it in the wrong country).

It's quite normal to see exotic species in Australia now... look at me, I came from Italy 12 years ago and I've been running around naked in the Aussie outback, grazing in people backyards and eating your native wildlife ever since... haven't been caught yet lol, but a few people reported me to the EPA hahaha....

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

As to how cane toads got here, they were released by the oh so clever government to control cane bettles

As to how cane toads got here, they were released by the oh so clever government to control cane bettles

And in my entire life I've never heard of there being a problem with cane beetles. Looks like the cane toad idea worked xD

And in my entire life I've never heard of there being a problem with cane beetles. Looks like the cane toad idea worked xD

The Cane Toads barely touch the Cane Beetles. Insecticides were invented and came into use shortly after the toads were introduced. It's the insecticides which solved the beetle problem (and the chemicals do environmental damage too! Oops!)

but you've definately heard of cane toads. Looks like their stupid idea worked a bit too well:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back