I want another!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

traceylee

Reaction score
I think I want another snake :)

I want to know first though whether or not my Diamond would be ok with another snake in her enclosure with her, or would I need a separate enclosure? I am thinking of a bubba Stimson.

Asha has been by herself since she was about 6 months old (3 now), and if it is likely that she won't be happy - then it's completely out of the question.

Any advice greatly welcomed :D

Completely inadvisable. Do not put a hatchling of any snake in with her. Snakes are cannibalistic.

I read that you're too frightened to handle your Diamond? Maybe a hatchling will bring your confidence up with her.
You will need to house them separately, not for their happiness but for their safety. Don't forget about quarantine either.

Hi one snake is never enough join the club dont go puting 2 different species together they will fight and wont be a good outcome if you where to buy an another adult diamond you could breed them soon

Thanks for the advice :)

Solar and Pythrulz; I wouldn't mind breeding further down the track; but not until I am more knowledgable about it all. I am very new to this whole thing! I don't know nearly enough to feel comfortable with doing so right now.

Chantelle, thanks for that :)
I'm not really frightened of handling her as such - its more just the initial picking her up that I'm nervous about. I will and do touch her and let her move about over my arm etc. I am just yet to actually pick her up. Thanks again; I wasn't sure if you could house different species together or not.

you know you want another ;) if u get a stimmie as a hatchling it can live in a click clack for the first 18 or so months of its life (correct me if im wrong guys)
stimsons are beautiful little snakes, and its not as freaky to handle them as the big fella's :)

I though for moment you were taking about kids; Asha and a new bubba Stimson ..... ahhh, so sweet.

I really do want another Kelly!

Lol, Asha is part of the family too; if I were to get another - it would be too :D

Just my 2 cents;

Wouldn't it be wise to be happy and comfortable with your current python before moving on to more?

There will always be times where you will have to handle them and a hatchy will probably make you more nervous as there tendencies to bite and react are greater given there small size compared to everything else in the world.

Cheers,
John

Last edited:
Read the article on Southern Cross Reptiles site about keeping snakes together...once you read that you will never do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back