I would like to colect money for one of our admins.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:p Hey fuscus thats a bit of the pot calling the kettle black isnt it?Was it not you that tried belittle greg only like 2 posts ago,aswell it seems to be you having a go all the time or is that just me. :roll:

Greg....pleeeeease change your avatar man....it might cheer you up a bit!!!

Ok everyone the "thankyou present" is now sowered. good work guys :(. greg if u can't give constructive criticism in a nice way...then don't do it. instead of posting here and getting everyone uptight, y didn't u just pm slatey and ask your question? i don't c how by u posting here helped anyything.
trying to b a good citizen.
pete

lib, this is a forum with means that its open for public discussion....everyone should be able to give their view point without having to hide it away behind closed doors. the only reason that it has turned out this way is because people read into things in a bad way when it could of been read the way it was intended.

i to some point agree with greg, yes i donated but that was for other reasons that i will mention at this point in time.

Ok SW fair enough. but ok lets just say that i was going to post something and i thought of all the possible outcomes to my post...wether it will be possitive or negative etc. then i weigh up if it is really worth posting. if i decide that its not, then i pm the person that i think can help me with the question. Wouldn't if of been better for everyone if Greg had done this 2?
Pete

Who cares anymore? every possible point has been made by both for and against parties.

Lets all call in the engineers, build a bridge, and get over it.

Cheers, Alan.

Liberated said:
Ok everyone the "thankyou present" is now sowered.pete

it has had the nice part taken away now......
but can't go past these valid points.....

Thank you all members who pm me in past 2 days and thank you to the others for nice worlds.
I will ignore the unfriendly comments from others, I don't like to heat this issue even more.

As a owner of this site, Thank you to all people who financially contributed and people who have money transfer in process.
I still think that is nice when so many members who can afford it, show gratitude to some other mate in our community for his effort.
Thank you all members who donated and to all members who would like to donate, but could not afford it for any personal reason. I do understand that not all of us are so fortuned to donate. Many members are young kids and many people do have their own bills to pay.
I am pleased with result and we will make sure that money are spend the way you guys would like.
We have booked bredli from Queensland and it is the same as on photo posted to this topic.

Fuscus I thank you for taking time to read interesting articles on net and posting links here. Most of people enjoy that and that is how many great discussions started in past. Please continue to do that in future, and do not get discourage by any comments. I know that you can forget that remark as I did forget many unfriendly remarks in past.

slatey just cos someone doesn't agree with you doesnt mean they're being unfriendly :wink:

i don't think greg ever made any unfriendly comments personally, just voicing his point of view :) . i also think it wouldn't have been this big a deal either if it was someone else who said it.

cost

soulweaver said:
michaelh said:
Yeah I'll bet they pay millions.

and how much do you think it costs to buy a .com?

i could get one today for $150 a year

True! But bear in mind that APS is more than just your regular user website. It has to handle LOTS more traffic and store MUCH more data. The galleries alone (when they're working! :)) take up HEAPS of space, so it's not just the domain name, it's the traffic and storage charges as well.

Dear souluweaver. I think you need to get your facts straight before you go posting comments like this.

You have little idea about costs involved in the site and its operation. Your comment about advertisments paying for this site is a quite naive. I don't know how old you are, but if you think that you can buy a .com and run this site you do not have too much knowledge.

This site started being a problem for our former hosts over a year ago as we were using up too much server resources. We use 2GB of storage space and go through 40GB of data transfer every month. As well as this we use a great deal of CPU processing power due to the dynamic php language the site is programmed in. For this reason we had to purchase a dedicated server which sets us back $80US a month. Obviously recoup some of this through advertising, but advertising only brings in about $30US a month and that still leaves quite a difference. Fortunately we host some other sites on the server aswell, but this certainly doesn't account for that $50US for which we are out of pocket for each month.

Slateman said:
Dear souluweaver. I think you need to get your facts straight before you go posting comments like this.

You have little idea about costs involved in the site and its operation. Your comment about advertisments paying for this site is a quite naive. I don't know how old you are, but if you think that you can buy a .com and run this site you do not have too much knowledge.

This site started being a problem for our former hosts over a year ago as we were using up too much server resources. We use 2GB of storage space and go through 40GB of data transfer every month. As well as this we use a great deal of CPU processing power due to the dynamic php language the site is programmed in. For this reason we had to purchase a dedicated server which sets us back $80US a month. Obviously recoup some of this through advertising, but advertising only brings in about $30US a month and that still leaves quite a difference. Fortunately we host some other sites on the server aswell, but this certainly doesn't account for that $50US for which we are out of pocket for each month.

you call me naive when i build websites for people? how can you comment on what i know out of interest? just because that is what you pay doesn't mean it is the best price and it can't be done cheaper, maybe you should do some homework.........

lol my slatey how your english has improved...;)

I don't know how old you are, but if you think that you can buy a .com and run this site you do not have too much knowledge.

now thats an official warning matey, please refrain from insulting members and calling them stupid :D.

Hey Zoe, it's fairly obvious that he asked SJ to type in that information. Doesn't matter who typed it - the information is still valid! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back