Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kel

Reaction score
my mum just caught this at her work on the toilet floor, its in singleton what is it? its about 20cms long, sorry for the crap photo

Attachments

• 31012009064.jpg
    31012009064.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 232
I would say that it is a orange naped snake (Furina Ornata) but the area doesn't match:shock:

One of the browns not an orange naped

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's just a hatchy eastern brown...does not look like an orange naped and definately not a modesta

area doesnt match the ringed brown either from what i just googled, i'll try get her to send a better pic

i'd still go with hatchy eastern brown

Juvenile textilis.
Tell your mum to buy herself a bottle of champagne, she just came within a hairs whisper. Next time get her to call a snakecatcher. I know I know, better than the shovel.

at this stage I agree with kahlan but a better photo would help.

just rang her they let it go at the river which is about 500metres from her work, she wasnt taking any chances catching it, she just told me she made the guys that work with her catch it lol using a large plastic tub and a broom, one of the guys took pics too so will send me one

she said they have had browns there before too but not in ages so im guessing that may be what it is, ive just never seen one like that before

They often look like that as Juvies before losing the banding and black head markings.

Eastern Brown

Tell your mum and her work mates "well done"
It's a Eastern Brown - no doubt. - CHEERS!

It's definately a young Eastern Brown Snake..........

even more frightening are some of the wild guesses!....I could understand them if this was a somewhat rarely encountered snake....but it is actually one of the most common and well known......and the pattern is pretty typical for the young ones.

Last edited:
your right saratoga,but to this day have never seen a fully banded textilis...even the tiniest have been collard and a few bands at the top ...not full //// my appologies...I knew it was a brown of some kind ...but juvie EB it is ...

dont tell jonno rbb more ammo for him...

first a taipan now a EB......you should do one of his courses..:D

dont tell jonno rbb more ammo for him...

first a taipan now a EB......you should do one of his courses..:D
I dont mind admitting my mistakes ,I learn more from them ....unlike some ...I am human, and mistakes are part of the make up ...one day I will be A GOD but just not today;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back