Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah i read it too ,Tiger snake they claim, interesting. Just an innocent dog strolling along minding its own business when a nasty gangmember snake attacked unprovoked and killed poor defensless dog i bet. feel sorry for lady just having a shot at media,although they werent ttoo harsh on reptiles this time.:rolleyes:

IT'S a picture any wildlife photographer would be proud of -- but for Vicky Fagan, 72, it was a heartbreaker.
Without realising it, Ms Fagan captured the precise second a tiger snake lunged at her pet dog, Misha, 16, and delivered a fatal bite to his face.
Ms Fagan, from Guildford, in central Victoria, was at a popular picnic spot at Vaughan Springs, near her home, earlier this month.
She took two photographs ofMisha, a Maltese terrier cross, while he was playing off-lead.
As she took the picture which caught the snake's lethal strike she saw something flick into the frame, but assumed it was the camera strap.
Over the next few days Misha fell ill, wheezing and vomiting, and despite treatment by a vet, including injections and medication, grew increasingly sick.
Last week, Ms Fagan had no option other than to have him put down.
On the way to the vet she dropped her film to be developed, picking it up on her way home.
"I thought I would have a last look at my Misha," she said.
One of the photographs showed what Ms Fagan initially thought was a stick beside Misha.
Then came the horrific realisation that it was a snake, striking Misha.
"When I showed the photo to a friend they identified it as a tiger snake from the stripes," Ms Fagan said.
"My poor little boy still slept on my bed right up to the end."
Ms Fagan has another dog, Mimi, a miniature fox terrier, who is missing Misha, so she is planning to buy her a new companion.
"But I won't be taking any dogs near that picnic spot ever again," she said.

Looks like a stick to me
Ill bet the good people of Vaughan Springs will be impressed.

Attachments

• 0,,5767688,00.jpg
    0,,5767688,00.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 297
looks to me like that supposed tiger snake is just the dogs lead.

I think the dog got sick and would have survived if it didnt go to the vet.
Or maybe there has been foul play..Call in a forensic team i reckon.
:)
The article (if you believe what you read) specifically says the dog was playing off lead.:rolleyes:

HAHAHHA OMG Bazza!! I looked at that article in the paper only 1/2hr ago and said to my wife "that's not a bloody tiger snake, that's not even a snake!!!" she said "yes it is, look at the stripes on it" :lol:- anyway, I have NEVER seen a tiger snake that looked even remotely like that, and YOU would have seen more tigers than most people have had hot breakfasts. IMHO, it's a flattened out dog lead....JEZUZ, the bloody hype!!! :lol: :lol: Good thing fluffy wasn't run over by a car or we'd all be looking for elephants! :twisted:

HAHAHHA OMG Bazza!! I looked at that article in the paper only 1/2hr ago and said to my wife "that's not a bloody tiger snake, that's not even a snake!!!" she said "yes it is, look at the stripes on it" :lol:- anyway, I have NEVER seen a tiger snake that looked even remotely like that, and YOU would have seen more tigers than most people have had hot breakfasts. IMHO, it's a flattened out dog lead....JEZUZ, the bloody hype!!! :lol: :lol: Good thing fluffy wasn't run over by a car or we'd all be looking for elephants! :twisted:
Lmao. I have never seen a metal headed tiger snake b4.

Fair enough the dog may have died from a tiger snake bite, but that photo sure as hell has nothing to do with a snake... It looks like a plastic snake photoshopped over a dog playing.

EDIT: the stripes aren't even "in the lines" of the body!!!! People would pay top dollar for a tiger snake like that. What is wrong with people?!

Also, a snake that big would not go unnoticed as it "flicked into frame" you'd see it slithering away from the dog. And the dog would probably howl in pain and run around... And that dog doesn't look like it has any Maltese terrier in it, and I HATE DUMB PEOPLE

species- dog lead

i love old people with alzheimers, forgetting theyve left the lead on the dog. u can see the brass clip connecting the loop of the lead (presumably confused with the "snakes" head) to the collar. im sure it'd take less than a few days for a tiger bite to kill a small dog which, must be said, was on its last legs. also, wouldnt the vet have realised it was a snake bite? im sure blood samples would have shown the evidence of an envenomation. my diagnosis, death by natural causes (old age), with owner looking for any explanation possible for the loss of her dear friend. just a coincidence she wasnt wearing her glasses when she looked at the photo.

Last edited:
Read it and laughed, not at the death of the dog but at the desperation of journalists, It had all the star qualities of a today tonight/ACA report. Elderly lady ( sympathy vote ) cute white fluffy dog ( old ladies pet/campaign) and an evil snake..........lol and to top it of a very doggy pic. Says she took two pics.....would like to see the other one to check for dog lead.....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back