Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol I reckon you'd be hard pressed to get much better than "some sort of monitor" Fuscus

To me, the toes look to long on the back leg to be some sort of monitor, but I could be wrong. I'd go with frilly.

Based on the shape of the hindfoot, what looks to be the caudal edge of a relaxed frill, the colour + patterns and just general 'thoughts'- I'd say frillneck.

Last edited:
Definitely frilly. Patterns on the tail, hond foot, frill visible and Eye positioned on that head angle distinctive of them. And moving around the tree for cover, frilly style.

I think I'ld better come clean. An APS member took me to a place where he said frilles are. We got to a spot and he said that this was the type of area that they like. He then almost immediately said "Look - a Frilly". It took me a while to spot it but that animal is the second photo set. 40 meters he also said "Look - another frilly".
While I am very good at spotting animals in the bush, I am extremely aware that I miss most cryptic animals. I really didn't appreciate Blackdog highlighting the point ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back