Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bruce34

Not so new Member
Reaction score
P1060756.jpg

Was gonna say Rough-scaled Snake but looking closely it's a Keelback

In my professional opinon its Oxyuranus microlepidotus. End of story.

[deleted]

Last edited by a moderator:
In my professional opinon its Oxyuranus microlepidotus. End of story.

LOL WUT. If you're joking I don't get it. Someone wants to know what the snake is and you're really not helping. But if you're serious, you need to reconsider that word 'professional'.

Or from 100 feet, it still looks like a keelback and nothing else.

You're right this is a great example of a keelback, but no matter how much it looks like a keelback if I'm having trouble seeing a loreal scale for whatever reason I treat it as a rough-scaled. Better to be over cautious than get envenomated

You're right this is a great example of a keelback, but no matter how much it looks like a keelback if I'm having trouble seeing a loreal scale for whatever reason I treat it as a rough-scaled. Better to be over cautious than get envenomated

They look nothing like roughies, I don't know how you can even confuse the two. Saying that all snakes should be treated as venomous until correctly identified, but they are just COMPLETELY different..

But saying that... rubber snakes can be confused for real snakes... silly silly people..

They look nothing like roughies, I don't know how you can even confuse the two. Saying that all snakes should be treated as venomous until correctly identified, but they are just COMPLETELY different..

But saying that... rubber snakes can be confused for real snakes... silly silly people..

Pipe down, I'm allowed to have my opinion just as you are allowed to have yours and I believe that the two do have similarities. You think they are completely different then you can carry on that path but I like to be more cautious with my ID of a roughie or keelback identity such as the abscence/presence of a loreal scale.

Im sure you've realised by now that not everyone does think roughies and keelbacks look COMPLETELY different, so Im not sure why you are so suprised by it.

he is smiling
so he is a keelback

Specs that is the easier way to tell,

Telling an amateur to look at the loreal scale i think is not the brightest idea, there are easier ways to tell eg the smilling.. and don't tell me to pipe down. If your close enough to look at a loreal scale and it's a roughie your too close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back