Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi GeckPhotogapher,
If it makes you feel any better, if one ignores the distribution data I would definitely lean towards R.o. - that tail does look long and thin rather than terminating abruptly. As Peter mentioned, however, the animal looks in poor condition, which is one of the factors I took into account when assessing the shape of the tail.

Cheers,
Blue

GP, I do not own any photos of Bynoe's let alone many of any subject but a quick Google search will give several examples. Unfortunately they dont appear to be locality specific.

Truth is, I am not overly interested in taking photos, never have been. A failing I know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen a lot of Bynoes, I just looked up some pics using google, I've seen Bynoes in places near Hay so not that far from there. All I saw in that google, all I have seen have banding to some degree, they don't just have spots.

If you could point me to a picture of a Bynoes with no banding I would appreciate it. (Although I admit I'd be surprised.)

I've seen a lot of Bynoes, I just looked up some pics using google, I've seen Bynoes in places near Hay so not that far from there. All I saw in that google, all I have seen have banding to some degree, they don't just have spots.

If you could point me to a picture of a Bynoes with no banding I would appreciate it. (Although I admit I'd be surprised.)

Look, I give up, ok. You win.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found this old photo, the tail is obviously banded.

signsetc110.jpg

Sure that's a bynoes peter? I didn't think they could climb.

I've seen plenty bynoes without banding but.

This one was from Gapuwiyak in East Arnhem Land.
18032009136y.jpg

And this is from Oenpelli in West Arnhem.
PC010187.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back