Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

harlemrain

Reaction score
Hi all so this little guy is being sold on gumtree as a high yellow diamond, but he looks exactly like my bubba that was sold to me as a coastal can someone please ID these for me, will post mine in a separate post thanks :)

e4ygabus.jpg

jemydu7u.jpg

definately not a coastal carpet i'd say diamond or intergrade it may have some coastal influence

Yep that's a diamond. Did you want to put pics up of yours and the age?

The one for sale is a Diamond, possibly an intergrade.

You own a lovely looking intergrade :)

Sorry I posted before I realised you had put up the pic. I would say yours is a coastal x diamond. It does appear to have some diamond colouring and markings.

It could also be an intergrade. Either way it is a looker and it will be interesting watching it colour up.

Here's a closer pic of his markings but its a few months old :)

ysezy6ur.jpg

Cool thanks guys, so if mine's a coastal x diamond would you say better or worse than just coastal? Want to know if I got ripped off or a great deal haha, either way I love him

Yours looks like an intergrade - and a nice one, too. Bit of a bummer if you had your heart set on a coastal, but apart from that, you've got yourself a lovely snake. And you now have a great excuse to get a coastal, as well.

Here's a closer pic of his markings but its a few months old :)

ysezy6ur.jpg

Cool thanks guys, so if mine's a coastal x diamond would you say better or worse than just coastal? Want to know if I got ripped off or a great deal haha, either way I love him

Depends on how you look at it. Personally I wont touch cross breed animals.
However natural intergrades are about the same price as coastal's and Diamond's, just not as sought after I think. Just my personal experience.

If your one is a natural intergrade, I wouldn't worry to much, also you have a stunning looking snake, another plus.

Depends on how you look at it. Personally I wont touch cross breed animals.
However natural intergrades are about the same price as coastal's and Diamond's, just not as sought after I think. Just my personal experience.

If your one is a natural intergrade, I wouldn't worry to much, also you have a stunning looking snake, another plus.

Thanks :) he is beautiful (even if I do say so myself) only $150, the guy I bought him off had his male & female coastals housed together :rolleyes: but also had a male diamond (maybe they did the naughty when his back was turned ;) ) so it could go either way.

I won't be breeding anytime soon and when I do I'll be more careful with what I purchase, but for a first snake couldn't have asked for better!

I am guessing they have, so he would be classed as Coastal x Diamond so in that instance he is a crossbred, a very cute one at that, lol.

This can be a confusing subject, what did the parent coastals look like? We're they similar to your snake or different?
Your snake would get called either a diamond, intergrade, cross or coastal depending on personal opinion. For me it shows too much diamond influence to be coastal, I would say natural intergrade or diamond x carpet of unknown locality.

If you can coax them out, there's some guys on here that really know their stuff when it comes to intergrades. They would be able to add some very valuable input.

This can be a confusing subject, what did the parent coastals look like? We're they similar to your snake or different?
Your snake would get called either a diamond, intergrade, cross or coastal depending on personal opinion. For me it shows too much diamond influence to be coastal, I would say natural intergrade or diamond x carpet of unknown locality.

Did a quick google images search and this is the closest I could find as to what his mum/dad looked like. Other than that the only further info I have is that his grandmother on his mums side was 12ft long :O

eruge6a6.jpg

I could ask him I think I still have his phone number somewhere but he never mentioned that he was intergrade or anything like that just sold as a coastal but every time I upload a pic on here people say he must be intergrade lol. So confused :/

Hey Harls, Seeing you live in Kempsey i don't suppose the guy you got your coastal from has the first name of "Andrew" if it was that is where our big Coastal girl came from, he maintains she is pure Port Mac Coastal even though she appears sometimes to be an "Intergrade" following is for comparison, 1st pic your 1 2nd pic mine as you can see both snakes have what appears to be elongated splotches with a cloud above them all the way down their bodies and the boomerang on their heads :) ......................Ron

Attachments

• magejyqu.jpg
    magejyqu.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 115
  • 100_0039.jpg
    100_0039.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Ron, port macs are intergrades. Port Macquarie falls in the intergrade zone.

Hey Harls, Seeing you live in Kempsey i don't suppose the guy you got your coastal from has the first name of "Andrew" if it was that is where our big Coastal girl came from, he maintains she is pure Port Mac Coastal even though she appears sometimes to be an "Intergrade" following is for comparison, 1st pic your 1 2nd pic mine :) ......................Ron

Yours looks more like his parents than the pic I found, which if he is a port mac coastal explains why I couldn't find one closer on google lol.

I bought him off someone in Coffs, Matt someone I think, really nice guy had his mobile number a year ago and asked him a couple questions as this was before I found this site and I think this was either his 1st or 2nd time breeding.

I don't really mind what Swarly (my bubba, HIMYM fans will get the name lol) is but would be nice to know haha, after looking on Google again, he definitely looks like a Port Macquarie Python to me so everyone was right, he is an intergrade :)

Thanks heaps for all the replies lol, glad to finally get to the bottom of it!

Yeah i know that Norm, but we still have pure Coastals and Pure Diamonds as well as Intergrades, thankfully the pond is not completely muddied :) .....................Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back