ID required

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Creed

Reaction score
firstly, i dont have a pic, and i know it would be easier if i did, but i'll ask anyway.

i teach at a school in the south eastern part of perth and we have a lot of bushland around our school that is being cleared for housing developments. As a result we are seeing more and more snakes on our school grounds.

As yet we havent had any this year since it got cold, but i'm expecting that as it warms up we are likely to see more.

The general policy is that they are eliminated as soon as possible, since there are lots of kids and school bags around and the fear is that they will find their way into the bags and surprise kids when they reach in for a book.

the common thought is that these snakes are dugites, and i'm not so much disputing that as asking if anyone would have any other suggestions.

i know that juveniles can look very different to adults, but these look very different to any adults i have seen. they tend to be about 1ft long, very thin and a greenish brown colour. often the head is a lot darker than the body but i am certain that they are elapids.

is there anyone with an idea of what they are likely to be? also i really want the habit of killing them to stop, so who do we call as an alternative?

if nothing else, can you suggest a person in the area to call to remove the snakes?

No idea, poor kids! haha

Poor snakes, too :( Wish i knew someone i could refer you to. Can I ask which school?

yeah its out at carey. we seem to attract heaps of wildlife from kangaroos to snakes and plenty of lizards.

even had sheep and goats running around the oval one session. my kids were doing javelin as well, so quite a few of them suddenly got the hunting urge.

yeah its out at carey. we seem to attract heaps of wildlife from kangaroos to snakes and plenty of lizards.

even had sheep and goats running around the oval one session. my kids were doing javelin as well, so quite a few of them suddenly got the hunting urge.
hahaha
Tell kids to make sure they leave their bags zipped at all times. they might laugh at that, but who's laughing when you get a dugite to the face?

hahaha
Tell kids to make sure they leave their bags zipped at all times. they might laugh at that, but who's laughing when you get a dugite to the face?

yeah thats the warning, but have you tried telling teenagers to do something these days?

no idea what the juveniles might be ladysnake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back