Identification Needed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregg

Reaction score
Hi All,
Just wondering if any of you out there can tell me what type of snake this is . It was happily climbing along the window sill of my office last and only took off when approached ( at a distance!) . All those here at my office here in Charters Towers QLD think it is a green tree snake , but i`m not so sure . Could it be a small taipan ? the snake was almost 2m long and quite thick around the middle with only smallish eyes. I hope the photos do it justice( taken from behind a closed window by a snake coward- ME ! ):rolleyes: Any help you can give would be appreciated.:lol:

Attachments

• IMG_2858_3.jpg
    IMG_2858_3.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 175
Thanks for the quick ID . I have just lost a bet now ! ( one carton ) . Anyway thanks for the help

looks like a green tree snake to me.

What would you like me to say it is & I'll split the carton with you. !!

too late , my offsiders here are looking over my shoulder abd has seen it all !

green tree snake or common tree snake. awsome animals and non venomous although if annoyed they can produce quite the foul odoured scent. i also found one the other day i picked him up and took him away from all the people so he'd be safe because one lady wanted to kill it

he was really quite thick around the middle , thats why i thought he might not be a tree snake , but i suppose he is just really well fed , at work here we have about 60 pallets of stuff stacked out the back and every time we open up a pallet we find at least 2-3 big fat green tree frogs!

Attachments

• IMG_2859-2.jpg
    IMG_2859-2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 55
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back