Identification please, Eastern Brown Snake?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snapped

AussiePythons Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mate found this snake half drowned in the cats water bowl in South Australia, so rescued it.

About 12 inches long.

thumbnail.jpg
[doublepost=1521096614,1521096500][/doublepost]number 2.jpg
[doublepost=1521096851][/doublepost]Apparently it's now doing okay, and he wants to release it in a nearby creek/grassy area. (obviously he's aware of the dangers etc)...just for curiosity is it an EB?

Thanks, I thought it was because of the head, but wanted to be sure before I passed on the info. Not sure why it was upside down in the water bowl, but maybe it couldn't get out.

Thanks, I thought it was because of the head, but wanted to be sure before I passed on the info. Not sure why it was upside down in the water bowl, but maybe it couldn't get out.
Probably best to get a few more opinions just to be 110%

Probably chewed up by the cat and left there asa present.

Nah, the cat was inside at the time....and she avoids snakes as she was bitten by an EB when younger. Nearly died.

But, the big question is... will he get fined $4,000 for saving it? :p

Ha, yeah, that was a bit rough for the guy, wasn't it?
[doublepost=1521166853,1521111640][/doublepost]
Head shields, eye and black nape confirm it's definitely 100% juvenile Brown.

Cheers for that info.
[doublepost=1521188038][/doublepost]Just an update, little guy was released safe and sound near the creek this morning (just kept overnight to recover from the near drowning)...he seemed fine and was happy to be on his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back