identification please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystery

Reaction score
I had a lady bring this into me today - it had a bad cut on its throat that has healed nicely. It's very tiny, only the size of a hatchy. They are feeding it up and then will release it. It had stripes on it's tail. Water dragon? Situated SE Qld.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• lizard in water[1][1].JPG
    lizard in water[1][1].JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 173
  • baby lizard[1][1].JPG
    baby lizard[1][1].JPG
    31 KB · Views: 175
Yes, chrisreptile -it didn't have spikes. They were concerned about what to feed, it was eating ants, they took home some baby crix to see how it goes.

Why don't they just let it go where they found it?

I have asked them to let it go and I'm hoping they will - they said they just wanted to get it eating properly before they let it go. She found it on her dads property, so I'm sure it won't be a problem taking it back there.

im sure if you start feeding a wild animal it wont do any good once released because it wont start to hunt for food when its expecting you to feed it. or does that just happen with birds??

im sure if you start feeding a wild animal it wont do any good once released because it wont start to hunt for food when its expecting you to feed it. or does that just happen with birds??

you are probably right - it being so small it could lose the hunting instinct. its a hard situation as it did have a bad cut to its neck when they found it and it has healed nicely. i will have a talk to them as they don't have a license or anything - the sooner released the better.

wouldnt have a clue what it is, but when i take my beardies to mums to run around the back yard Bug eats anything that moves. i dont think shes lost her hunting instinct in 2 years of living with me (from about 5 days old) Chub eats all the dandelion flowers so i think she'd do ok if i let her go too,...(not that i'll ever do that)

i dont think a few weeks of care would harm its hunting instincts,....

thanks chris1 - you can't help but worry about the little guys. How she found it was her mum nearly put her cigarette out on it, thats how small it is.

Isnt it a shame that people cant leave things alone,the little dude was probably minding his own business enjoying his day and now hes captive of a lady whos trying to do good but should really have left him alone.JMO
What ever happened to what we were all taught as kids Look with you Eyes Not your Hands :)

My vote would be for jacky dragon, because of the length of the tail to body ratio. But that is my inexperienced (with dragz) opinion. I have vivid memories of the jacky dragon younguns at the ARP a couple of weeks ago looking very much like that.

I have a feeling that readysell, Wrasse, narkeg or Tan would be able to work it out ;)

:lol: That's pretty funny Sdaji, what's your guess for this one!!:lol:

Put a Woma behind it and the answer will suddenly come to me five minutes before midnight, next Tuesday ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back