identification please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bundy

Reaction score
was sitting outside the other night watching this gecko catching moths on the wall. at first i thought it was just another asian house gecko but then i realised it had a really fat tail. dunno what it is though. if anyone has any idea i would love to know. here it is!

ok now its working my computer is not behaving itself but anyways, heres the little fella
gecko house redo.jpggecko house redo 2.jpg

ok cool thats so mad i never thought i would find anything other than the usual asian house gecko

sorry to go agsinst everyone but i do not think it is a robust velvet although i do believe it is part of the robust gecko family.
although i am not quite sure and i have been wrong before. lol

looking at it again that it might be a robust velvet sorry to put in such a confusing reply

hope this helps

The Robust Velvet Geckos I have here are darker then that one...also the pattern continues onto the tail.
Do the colours and patterns vary in that species as much as that?

heres a pic of mine they idnetified as a robust velvet gecko........
attachment.php

they are both the same gecko earthling, just that your one has its original tail where as the first one has a regenerated tail.
They also tend to vary slightly from colony to colony and even within the same colony, just like pretty much all herp species.

i live on the gold coast so they might vary from area to area. i reckon they are really cool lookin geckos more into the snakes personally but yeah these guys are cool.

God I wish I got such exotic visitors to my home in suburban Victoria.

I have to be happy with white tail spiders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back