Identification

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingbrown

Reaction score
Hi I am new to this group, I haven't seen any requests for Identification so I hope I am not breaking any rules by asking for an ID.

Yesterday I was walking in the bush near Hazelbrook in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney when I came across this attractive young/juvenile snake, and am curious to know what type of snake it is.

It's most striking feature is the different coloured head...or is it just starting to shed its skin? A full length photo of it is in my Album.

Thanks in advance. Kingbrown.

Attachments

• unknown snake2.jpg
    unknown snake2.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 372
Jordo is spot on Drysdalia rhodogaster

Cheers.
Scott

and for the common name that most understand ;);) which some forget to add its a mustard-bellied snake:lol::lol:

Many thanks for all the rapid replies guys, yes everything points to the Drysdalia rhodogaster (mustard-bellied snake). This guy was basking in the sun at the top of a high ridge.:D

wow, I've never even heard of that snake before until now, well I am from Queensland :p You learn something new everyday hey!

Nat ;)

Rbb,

I hate common names.....they change to much lol

Cheers,
Scott

Interesting post dude....Forums are always helpful in one way or the other. Thanks for giving out information. It’s really nice and mean full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back