Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mohana

Not so new Member
Reaction score
This snake was found in a pack of timber delivered to brisbane...can anyone identify what the species could be???

Attachments

• Copy_of_100_1949.jpg
    Copy_of_100_1949.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 375
  • Copy_of_100_1950.jpg
    Copy_of_100_1950.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 371
  • Copy_of_100_1954.jpg
    Copy_of_100_1954.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 378
  • Copy_of_100_1958.jpg
    Copy_of_100_1958.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 435
  • Copy_of_100_1961.jpg
    Copy_of_100_1961.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:
Looks like a brown tree snake but colour is unusual and he looks hungry.

as i said it was in a pack of timber its gone now just took some pics to see if it could be identified not sure how long it was in the pack though but yes he did go straight for water

Looks like a baby carpet,where was the timber from?

dissapeared into the bushes not sure where the pack of timber was from

i was asking because i quite liked the colouring i couldnt find any example of a snake like this one would the colour change as the snake grows or was it unusual?

has anyone ever seen one with similar markings and colour?

Do you know if those lighter coloured scales were damaged or is it a lack of pigment? Looks like a pretty unique carpet just crawled off into the undergrowth. If you find him again I guess I could help out with finding him a home...

Actually on a closer look I think he's just had a pretty rough trip from wherever he came from.

Since you had no idea what sort of snake it is why did you handle it?

I agree it is a coastal carpet python for sure and looks to be either unique (Granite/marble pattern) or possible injured by wood protection chemicals perhaps?

If you find him again I guess I could help out with finding him a home...

Judging by the last two pictures it looks like it may have found a home already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back