Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bbowie

Reaction score
hi, I was at Leura in the Blue Mountains last week and I saw this snake lying in the sun right next to the road. Can anyone identify it for me please

thank you from a very newbie

Attachments

• IMG_0891a.jpg
    IMG_0891a.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 425
thanks guys! I'll learn more soon I hope but I thought that the diamonds were supposed to be larger and more obvious?

there locality and pattern can misguide you. if you look closly at that dimond a normal and high yellow u can tell how they are dimonds. get a fuildguide to reptiles of australia it will help you out alot more

thanks Reptile Boy - I see that there can be quite a bit of variation and this one looked mostly black with very little yellow and very few light spots

thanks again for your replies

And could anyone identify this one that I saw the other week at Chute Harbour, Airlie Beach? I imagine its some sort of whip snake but not to sure what type :rolleyes:

DSC00244.jpg

DSC00241.jpg

Oh i just looked up that place on google, its up North, so it may be something else, Not like anything iv seen before, I thought it looked like psammophis too in the 1st pic, if not then def. Demansia of some sort.

A very very nice diamond python. And I wish people would stop guessing if they don't know what it is.

1st pic: Diamond Pythons (Morelia spilota spilota)
and 2nd pic Is (imo): Collared Whipsnake (Demansia torquata)

The reason for me believing it's a Collared whipsnake is because of the red belly, but collard's typically have darker colours on their backs, so I'm just guessing that it may be a dark specimen? btw. I have NO IDEA where Airies beach is, so, if it isnt where Collards are found...oops:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back