Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i would get a GTP, i know they're meant2 be boring but they look mad.

I would have to go a mangrove monitor. Something different... although way over $1000. Or maybe a black phase common tree snake (Havent seen too many of them on recent posts.) If were talking pythons, a bumblebee bhp or a (condensed black and yellow banded jungle) 'zebra jungle' (or have i been dreaming?!?)

Canopy monitor!

5.jpg

G'day Sherm, long time no see. Hows Travels Mate? :)

Not too bad inny ol' mate, just got back from bush.

Darwin is hot and humid as usual. Hows things for you mate?

Pretty good Mate! better not make this forum a chatroom but, if ya wanna have chinwag, ill meet you on the other side. :wink:

peterjohnson64 said:
Ya got me trader, fijian green iguana may have just lost its mantle

Have a look at your copy of Cogger or Wilson and Swan. They are found in Australia - off the coast of Queensland. I love the prehensile tail ;-)

I'd spend it on a permit to collect some oenpelli from the wild, put them into a breeding programme so all fellow herpers can enjoy them in the hobby, but I would charge like a wounded bull like everyone else does with something rare and make an absolute fortune so I could retire. Not that I would be profiteering from it.......;-):D

Prasinus are canopy goannas Peter, a native of Australia, just not found on the mainland. They come from a small island of the tip of cape york.

Rofl Huggy, Prices some folk try to charge for herps, they'd want to crapping gold nuggets! :)

Daz, Varanus prasinus is the Emerald Monitor, the Canopy Goanna, Varanus keithhorni, is found only on Cape York on the Iron and McIliwraith Ranges(the same as the Green Python)

A, new I was close, always get those two mixed up...LOL and I didn't have wilsons book in front of me to check :D. Thanks dicco

If you can buy it legally, in others words, off another licenced keeper, yes you can. We can keep any reptile in NSW whether it is on or off the NPWS list except for marine turtles and sea snakes and any crocs. Other than that, if you can buy it, you can have it and if it is not on NPWS list, they will add it.

I'd get on of those "you-beaut" looking Blue phase tree snakes that LongTom keeps - and with whatever change is left over, set myself up a nice enclosure for it :D Ahhh I can see it now! :lol:

$1000 worth of materials to build up some awesome homes for our beloved herps then I would sell back as Enclosures to newbies and learners of this great hobby and then use the profits of that idea to build more OOOOPPPPSSSS am I already stepping on someones toes

between having $1,000 cash in your hands
or your pick of reptiles what reptile would you pick and why.....

i gather from reading the original post that we can pick any reptile , doesn't matter what it's worth, great question,

i'm going for a albino darwin male so i can cross breed it with every female snake i own, lol, only kidding, or am i?

albino darwin for me, failing that, i real nice bhp,

cheers,
steve.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back