Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have the Asian house gecko and the much larger Velvet geckos in our place living side by side. I think the former species do force out some smaller species though.
The 2 species seem to 'happily' live together here albeit grudgingly. LOL.

Before the current laws were in place (back in the 60's) there were some monkeys kept in private hands. I understand there are still one or two people with licences to hold monkeys. They may even be breeding them, but selling them is difficult as you need to have the right facilities - a very large cage (I think the minimum is 3m x 3m x 3m) with a solid concrete base - and then the monkeys themseves sell for several thousand dollars each ($15,000 from memory). You need more than one, because they are social animals (preferably three or four).

That's what the situation was in NSW a few years ago, anyway. Sombody out Sackville way had some. They were one of the Macaques (Rhesus, Crab-eater, or Bonnet, can't remember which).

DEC or Dept of Agriculture will know the details better.

:p

Hix

kellyville pets in sydney is the only pet shop in australia to sell a monkey, it was in 1980 something, it is still alive and kept with an exotic licence in west sydney, this is the only monkey that has ever been sold legally in australia, and was the reason that new laws came in to stop the sale of them in australia, and its even been a question on the tv show sale of the century!

and for the person that wants a chameleon a friend of a friend can get them for $3000 big money big risk!

$3000, tell him he's dreaming. They are way cheaper than that, apparently LOL.

and for the person that wants a chameleon a friend of a friend can get them for $3000 big money big risk!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I've been offered them before, captive bred in Sydney and I'm sure it was more like $500. I wouldn't even buy it for that (well, I would if they were legal, but anyway) good luck to them! :lol:

rattlesnake bit is easyly treated all u have to do is dive to a hospital where they hold a deathadder anti-ven just the bit of a rattle snake is much worst cos those guys fangs are long and i i mean long :)

I heard the general antiv-venom for tiger snakes works on a speices of cobra

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I've been offered them before, captive bred in Sydney and I'm sure it was more like $500. I wouldn't even buy it for that (well, I would if they were legal, but anyway) good luck to them! :lol:

this was for a mellers chameleon and other rarer breeds of them, veiled chameleons are pretty cheap as they are pretty common bred over here!

if a chameleon is 3 grabd how much would a monkey be and also just kinda interested how much do u think a leopard gecko would be?

this was for a mellers chameleon and other rarer breeds of them, veiled chameleons are pretty cheap as they are pretty common bred over here!

Fair enough, yeah veiled does ring a bell.

In the past I've been offered corns, boas and chameleons, the latter was very tempting.

I would be tempeted too, they are facinating. What about those red-eared slider turtles found in a dam? It was on the news a little while ago and these women had smuggled them in and not have someone to sell them to so they released them.

OBRIEN
You seem pretty interested!
lol you could move into internatniol(spelling?) water and keep them there!

yeah i know they are illegal thats why the topic is called that lol. I am just curious as they are from what i beleive fairly common in america and uk and dont look too expensive so i was interested to know the price of illigaly shipping.

yeah i know they are illegal thats why the topic is called that lol. I am just curious as they are from what i beleive fairly common in america and uk and dont look too expensive so i was interested to know the price of illigaly shipping.

:rolleyes:

Obrien: that last post sounds like you are planning on smuggling things into Australia, and you're wondering what your outlay will be?

:(

HIx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back