I'm from the country and I know snakes - its a King Brown!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuscus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
In the ironically named sunshine coast, surrounded
"Oh golly gosh* he is going to tell me about all the snakes he killed" I thought. He then preceded to tell me about all the snakes he killed!

BTW - it isn't a brown and has been safely released!

* not my exact words.

Attachments

• DSC_8371.jpg
    DSC_8371.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 241
  • DSC_8387.jpg
    DSC_8387.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 210
  • DSC_8428.jpg
    DSC_8428.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 223
  • DSC_8450.jpg
    DSC_8450.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 214
found a common tree snake yesterday, poor fella was only just alive, looks like someones pet/ someones shovel had almost cut the poor things back end of the tail off.. above the bottom. :(

really glad to see yours is in good condition and safely released :)

Funniest looking King Brown I have seen in a while...

Great shots and dont kick yourself over the photos, they look great.

Actually I'm disappointed in the shots. While swapping lenses a heap of dust got into the camera. All the shots with a sky background look terrible

I was gonna say you might wanna clean your lens. Unfortunate how terrible it comes out with that much dust. :(

Fortunately the ones with a less constant background look pretty good.

Haha I see the sensor spots now. If you're processing with Lightroom the clone/spot removal tool does a real great job fixing those. After big trips my sensor often has the appearance of ground pepper.

Also, it's not always changing lenses. Some lenses actively suck in air (and dust). I think the canon 100-400 is known to some as "the dust pump".

Good work mate, just some constructive criticism, they are great photos, however the labelling or whatever I think could be made to make a whole lot nicer, making the photo alot cleaner. If you understand me :?:lol:

hahaha i just got back from a little 4wd then , a mate of mine that was in front pulled over got out and yelled to me snake , i got out and as i was walking over he said , "i think its a brown " as i got there i couldnt help myself and laughed so hard , it was a god damn coastal carpet haha his excuse for thinking it was a brown was because he had been told they make themselves look like that with the patterning and because it had its head raised up off the ground in a striking position and that means its a brown as only they do it:rolleyes: and ive got a coastal myself so he sees it all the time he should know what they are when he sees one

Can't believe he didn't realise it was a Yellow Bellied Black Snake
"Oh golly gosh* he is going to tell me about all the snakes he killed" I thought. He then preceded to tell me about all the snakes he killed!

BTW - it isn't a brown and has been safely released!

* not my exact words.

Haha, i was out today and a few blokes i was with said they found a dead brown snake. Went to inspect and it was a 2m olive python with a cockatoo in it, Pictures to come in another thread.

I'd watch it if I were you, that's obviously an Inland Taipan, don't you know they can grow up to 14 ft!? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back