I'm soooooo brave.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grannieannie

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
While taking our little dog for a walk this afternoon we came across one of those...blue tongue lizards...in the driveway of a house. I was worried it might get run over, I knocked on the door of the house, but no one was home. Sooooo, I found a little plastic crate in their garden and ... s l o w l y.....coaxed it into the crate and put it into the garden of the house. Now some of you may laugh...but for ME...that was a big deal because I'm generally....TERRIFIED...of any reptile with legs :D This little bloke was quite sturdy and fiesty and tried to have a go at me....I know he was just frightened of me....he just didn't know I was far more frightened of him. :)

I feel very proud and happy with myself. :p

nice work :) its good if u are scared of things like that and come through with it in the end

Nice little save, i'm afraid of wild reptiles just that little bit, but enough so i only pick up geckos and SMALL skinks!

But i've got no problem with these guys!

Attachments

• DSC01542.jpg
    DSC01542.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC01549.jpg
    DSC01549.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC00678.jpg
    DSC00678.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC00677.jpg
    DSC00677.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC00676.jpg
    DSC00676.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 64
Ahhhh yes, well gecko-mad....I don't think I'd pick up one of them....I don't think I've even seen one in the wild. Although there are things I'm scared of....I'd never, never hurt anything...even little spiders in my house I rescue....with the exception of flies, mosquitoes and cockroaches, but I'll save just about anything else if I can. Once I found a dragonfly drowning in a pond and I got it out and put it in a garden in the sun, and I got such a thrill to see it dry out and fly away. :)

Awe. Nice story. Congratulations on facing one of your fears to better the life of an animal. :)

here some pics to make you sleep better
scorp.jpg

Spider.jpg

You accomplished something wether significant to others or not. It is awesome that you were able to dig deep and just do it for the sake of saving the blue tongue.

A significant milestone to be proud of for sure

Kenshin that is a great shot of the bird eating spider. i have always wanted one but black house spiders give the mrs the heabie gebies as it is lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back