i'm starting to fell in love with dragons now

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spottedpython

Reaction score
i love the central netted dragon and the red barred dragon can anyone tell me anything about them. like cage size,care,temperture,and food and so on any info of them i would love.

Don't even think about them unless you can give them real sun a couple of times a week or keep them outside. The is a breeder down here that keeps them in half rainwater tanks covered in bird net. They stay outside all year.

And I saw a wild C. vadnappa (red barred) in the northern Flinders last year whose red just glowed.

so they don't make good pets i don't mind taking them out side but are they that bad to own i just read on a forum someone owns a netted dragon

Spot, Central netteds have a short life span. I think they only live 3 - 4 years.
Can somebody correct that if it's incorrect?

On the whole, small Lizards are shorter lived and more time consuming than pythons. And Pythons are a good long term animal.

Pictures of the glowing Lizard Fuscy? Was this in the wild?

Both species are very fast and aren't really the best of dragons if you wan't to hold them. They stress pretty easily and probably wouldn't be of the best choice for you. Stick with something like a beardie.......pretty hard to kill

Alexahnder

No, their behavior is different, the inlands dig a lot longer tunnels for one (the coastals often only dig a tunnel less than twice thier body length), I think the coastals figure that since they are here for such a short time a big house isn't needed.

i dont think you can keep tawny dragons at all. They feed on primarily small black ants (up too 5000 per meal). So it would be fairly hard to keep them healthy.

The Thorny Devil (Moloch horridus) eats black ants... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back