I'm the newest n00b.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oof

Reaction score
Just thought i'd take a moment to say g'day and introduce myself on here.

I'm Patrick and live in Cannington in Western Australia. Aged 35.

When I was younger, and lived in another country, I used to have Smooth Green Snakes or Grass Snakes (Opheodrys vernalis). I loved them but Mum never let me have them in the house. (She is abolutely terrified of lizards and snakes).

Since moving here to Australia I have been patiently waiting to be able to keep snakes again. Now that CALM have let us keep at least a couple species here in W.A. i'm looking forward to starting afresh.

Problem is, it's all new again to me. So i'll be looking through the forums as much as possible to get information already there and not ask yet another newbie repetitive question.

But if anyone can point me in the direction of a good breeder that doesn't charge the cost of a new car to purchase a little "stimmie" or Carpet python, please let me know.

Welcome to the site, there is some great info here if u know where to look!

Cheers
Emz

Gday Patrick!

Welcome to the greatest country in the world! I think you have to have lived overseas to fully appreciate how good we've got it Down Under.

Welcome to the site.

hi patrick welcome to the site i agree with triptych_angel there is alot of good info on here and alot of people who can help u out with your snakes. have fun
cheers mitchyj

Welcome to the site, there is some great info here if u know where to look!
bahh who needs to look.. just ask in the forums... why dig up old information when the new stuff is better, and welcome =D

Thanks for all the comments.

I have my herp license now. All I need to do is get a decent enclosure and find a placid "Stimmie".

And yes I agree with you Christian75. I've been all over the world and i love Australia the best. I took up citizenship in '87 and have lived here for nearly 25yrs now. Wouldn't trade it for quids. We have an awesome lifestyle down here.

Actually, i will ask one question. Seeing as Stimsons like to climb..... how tall a cage should you have even if you plan to purchase a juvenile that will obviously grow into the cage? I was thinking along the lines of 1m wide by 80cm deep and 160cm tall at least.

hi patrick, welcome to the site! am sure someone on the site can answer all your stimson questions...

Hi Patrick,

Your sure to find what you need here. Hope to catch up some time. Oh and welcome.

welcome aborad mate just remember there is not such thing as a stupid question so ask away!!!!!!

Hello Patrick. Nice to meet you :) I am setting up my very first enclosure, and hope to pick up a stimmy or spotty hatchy when they start appearing.
Kathy :)

Welcome to the Site Oof

You'll find all the info you need and more here!!

ENJOY! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back