Imbricata pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've spent hundreds of hours herping in the hills particularly around the mundaring area. A friend of mine has a large property in the national park, 1 of 4 I think. I've seen 10 - 15 carpetys in the area over the last 5 years. Have never seen one with any orange/yellow. Mostly black and white with different shades of gray. Not saying that some don't exist with that colour in the area, I have just never seen them.

I can't speak for the gardebn island ones, as I have not done any herping at all on garden island. I'll try have a dig on my laptop at home I have a couple pics of some wild mundaring carpetys.

I can't speak for the gardebn island ones, as I have not done any herping at all on garden island. I'll try have a dig on my laptop at home I have a couple pics of some wild mundaring carpetys.

id be interested in some wild sw's photos email or pm them to me if you like

I work up Mundaring way regularly with Western Power and seen the odd snake but would like to see some SW Carpet pics of that locale also as I'm looking for some different colour variations to buy.

That Mandurah male is so crisp looking. I'm sure who ever found it must have been very excited. Kind of surprised they parted with it though.

It looks as if it could be from Geraldton, but that is just a stab in the dark. We here in WA have access to some genuine locality specific animals. Unless the breeder/collector/trusted previous owner tells you where it is from their really isn't much point whacking a locality on, as all it is, is a generalised guess, especially if you plan on breeding and passing off the young as locality specific animals based on an assumption. Not saying this is what you are doing or plan on doing. It just seems to be a popular thing to do lately.

agree.. Unless you know 100% from the taker or breeder you shouldn't put a locale on your animal... it doesn't help the hobbyat all for people interested in actual locale specific. If you didn't get that info from the dealer then just consider it an imbricata. JMO

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/australian-snakes-37/south-western-carpet-python-thread-123544

;)

btw your imbricata is absolutely gorgeous Rach, looks Gerro to me.

Cheers,
Thals 8)

Thals, why do you say it looks Gerro (just out of curiosity)? Comparing to ones you have or pictures you've seen or from people saying the stripe is a tell tale sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back