Imbricata pics

Discussion in 'Australian Snakes' started by Noxious, May 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noxious

Noxious Well-Known Member

I've spent hundreds of hours herping in the hills particularly around the mundaring area. A friend of mine has a large property in the national park, 1 of 4 I think. I've seen 10 - 15 carpetys in the area over the last 5 years. Have never seen one with any orange/yellow. Mostly black and white with different shades of gray. Not saying that some don't exist with that colour in the area, I have just never seen them.

2. Kenshin

Kenshin Suspended Banned

i know the garden island ones are very black and they have orange bits through them also

3. Noxious

Noxious Well-Known Member

I can't speak for the gardebn island ones, as I have not done any herping at all on garden island. I'll try have a dig on my laptop at home I have a couple pics of some wild mundaring carpetys.

4. Kenshin

Kenshin Suspended Banned

id be interested in some wild sw's photos email or pm them to me if you like

5. liney

liney Active Member

I work up Mundaring way regularly with Western Power and seen the odd snake but would like to see some SW Carpet pics of that locale also as I'm looking for some different colour variations to buy.

6. Snowman

Snowman Guest

That Mandurah male is so crisp looking. I'm sure who ever found it must have been very excited. Kind of surprised they parted with it though.

7. Snowman

Snowman Guest

agree.. Unless you know 100% from the taker or breeder you shouldn't put a locale on your animal... it doesn't help the hobbyat all for people interested in actual locale specific. If you didn't get that info from the dealer then just consider it an imbricata. JMO

Thals, why do you say it looks Gerro (just out of curiosity)? Comparing to ones you have or pictures you've seen or from people saying the stripe is a tell tale sign?

8. dottyback

dottyback Well-Known Member

imbri1.jpg
    imbri2.jpg

Photo of my girl..Had all sorts of issues getting them over from WA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.