Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

solar 17

A mate of mine here in Brisbane had his female woma lay eggs today l believe this to be incredibly early in the season, that will mean hatchies around the 11th of September...solar 17 (Baden)

obviously an economic strategy to get the jump on the market =P

but wow.

A friend just had Woma's hatch 1 week ago (a very very late clutch).

yes definetly did something with his temps and change the date she lays

what is an average time of the year that woma's lay?

either way i have to agree very early. atleast he won't have dramas with hot days in the incubator.

what is an average time of the year that woma's lay?

either way i have to agree very early. atleast he won't have dramas with hot days in the incubator.
ln S.E.QLD late Aug.- Sept. IMO solar 17 (Baden)

How many snakes have bred early this year? is it due to climate change or our keeping habits? who knows but there have been heaps of post this year with peoples snakes breeding really early. Makes you wonder though if the wild ones are doing a similiar thing?

was my first year with womas last year but my girl didnt even ovulate until sept last year.....I guess momma snake knows whats goin on and will do what she does best when it suits her!

I had a a female green tree python lay 16 fertile eggs yesterday, and my womas are gravid as well, i think everyone will have hatchys out a little earlier this year, great news

I havn't had anything ovulate yet, womas down here don't normally lay until october/november, ovulate in september. I don't think anything here will be too much different or early this year than last.

I hope the person breeding my gtp has early hatchys, so i can take him home sooner, lols, the wait is killing me :x

Hope all goes well for the nervous expectant parents so far

Last edited:
I havn't had anything ovulate yet, womas down here don't normally lay until october/november, ovulate in september. I don't think anything here will be too much different or early this year than last.

Agreed. Everything I keep runs pretty late; the snakes tend to decide when the successful matings will take place...october is typically the month for woma eggs for me :)

Odd, my mate had some small tree monitors lay very recently.
My coastals are pairing up and I hope I haven't missed the time frame for my tristis I am acquiring.

It is a stange year. Quite a few different plants around my area that don't usuall flower until September are blooming, and a few others are a month early.

Yer I've been told that as well, especially in the south east coast.
Hopefully it's an early spring and the herps come out early!

I had my N amyae lay 2 days ago. 1 egg is defiantly fertile.

Attachments

• IMG_4012.jpg
    IMG_4012.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4015.jpg
    IMG_4015.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 37
wow, amyae already!!??

guess ill put the lay box back in tonight,.....

Hi Chris. It might also have something to do with living in Cairns. My amyae have defiantly not read the books. But strange things seam to be happening everywhere with our herps.

Hi Chris. It might also have something to do with living in Cairns. My amyae have defiantly not read the books. But strange things seam to be happening everywhere with our herps.

Are they telling us something we are not aware off?? I wonder why nature changes it timing so drastically? Could it have something to do with El nino or La nina? I have no idea putting it out there. Does anyone think or know why our reps are out of sync and breeding at different times than usual? 4 Q's sorry. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back