Import/Export licenses in NSW to cost $30

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you recieve that in the mail CodeRed?

I disagree with the price rise as we pay good money compared to other states, for a service that seems no better than other states..

Yeah I received it with an import permit. Guess everyone will receive a copy in due course

Throwing money at problems seems tp be a standard way of fixing things for the Govermnment. I am not sure what the aim of licencing is, but expect increased fees will discourage a few thousand more potential NSW licence holders and grow the numbers of off licence keepers.

Here's the notice I received
Notice it shows the increase is for all classes, then there's a note saying Class 1 only....Advanced remain the same at this time

but expect increased fees will discourage more potential NSW licence holders and grow the numbers of off licence keepers.
Exactly what I was thinking

CodeRed - is DECCW now DECCWCS lol? I love it!

It really is just a cash grab - they've done nothing to improve their services to keepers, in fact it can only get worse as the numbers grow. This will, in part, be to cover the costs of overseeing the 'Code of Practice,' which some of you have welcomed, but which must lead to the department becoming much more intrusive into the lives of keepers.

Its only a few dollars but ther comes a time when people will give up paying money for nothing. It doesn' benefit keepers; It doesn't benefit pet animals; It doesn't benefit wild animals; So whats the point?

I'm sorry to hear of NSW's price rises for import/export permits. I don't understand how they can charge $30 for something that takes about 2 weeks. Where ours are instant and free. There must be ulterior motives behind it. As some one said i think they are trying to deter you guys from importing/exporting to reduce their work load.

CodeRed - is DECCW now DECCWCS lol? I love it!

It really is just a cash grab - they've done nothing to improve their services to keepers, in fact it can only get worse as the numbers grow. This will, in part, be to cover the costs of overseeing the 'Code of Practice,' which some of you have welcomed, but which must lead to the department becoming much more intrusive into the lives of keepers.

I am glad someone noticed :D

The more I think about it the madder I get. I have written a letter to the manager of the licensing unit expressing my anger at this and the total lack of service they provide with no plan of an upgrade. I closed this letter by say as a sign of protest I will be denying any authorized officer from carrying out any inspection without a search warrant as I'm entitled to do lawfully. This was forward to the manager and his boss and his boss etc etc till the every top. If anyone wants to join this feel free I can supply email addresses of all wildlife licensing personnel and higher, and note that it is lawful to refuse an officer entry that doesn't have a search warrant.

This may not achieve much (as they do very little inspections as it is) but there is no way given their recent behaviour towards reptile keepers that I will assist them or make their job any easier and if this disrupts / annoys / delays their planned operations then it has achieved something and remained within the law.

Ive been surprised in the past when i purchased from NSW just how expensive and slow the process is.
Like Mrs I said,here in sleepy old Adelaide its free to get the import/export permits and the service USUALLY is pretty fast.I remember earlier this year i bought a Jungle from Codered and had my import permit back in under a week.

Bunch of cork soakers!

I'd be more than happy to pay the money if they could approve import/export permits online within 24-48hrs, return correct record books in under 3 months, & provide overall better service to licence holders.

Last edited:
I'm not sure they want to deter the number of people keeping reptiles.
This is all handled by a bunch of clerks who have no interest in reptiles or conservation. They collect their wage and go home.
It's the dim witted institutionalised public servants up above that freak out if everything is not in triplicate that's the problem.
I'm sure the people handling these form are just as frustrated as we are.
If someone running a similar size operation in the private sector saw the ridiculous level of duplication and irrelevance in their questions they would get a nosebleed and need a lie down.

Perhaps the "Extra" revenue will allow for more staff to be employed and computer software updates etc so the system can become more in line with what most of you expect. You cannot have the department modernised without someone(usually those using the department) paying for it.
So the question is " Do you want the same fees and same dud service or a better service with slightly higher fees that most of you would not notice?"

I cannot believe it!

How can they even 'think' about putting up any prices when their service is so shabby????
Thanks heavens I have no intention of ever buying from interstate again!
People come here to buy animals and the waiting list to get a license atm is about 6 weeks....

Cork Soaking?? You sure this is a real document Codered??? bhahahaha

Perhaps the "Extra" revenue will allow for more staff to be employed and computer software updates etc so the system can become more in line with what most of you expect. You cannot have the department modernised without someone(usually those using the department) paying for it.
So the question is " Do you want the same fees and same dud service or a better service with slightly higher fees that most of you would not notice?"[/QUOT

Ummm cwtiger, other states can get it right without the huge fees!

So the question is " Do you want the same fees and same dud service or a better service with slightly higher fees that most of you would not notice?"

Or slightly higher fees with the same old service?

These fee's are already fairly high when you compare with other states animal licencing, your drivers licence, & gun licences etc...

Maybe DEC could jump on this thread & clarify what the plans/improvements are in the near future for NSW reptile licencing?

That is VERY wishful thinking there!

Here in QLD our movement advices are free and instant! Just moving from NSW to QLD was made a very difficult task...everything was done on the QLD end in a matter of minutes whilst in NSW it took them 6 weeks to chisel my export permit into a cave wall!

How can you improve a service that isn't necessary? What is licencing supposed to do? Its beaurocacy gone mad. Paper shuffling that achieves nothing!

omg! i cant believe its going up...Well i can but it is just stupid! I was complaining about $20 well i can tell you one thing if we are paying $30 per god damn Permit we better get it withing 24hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a 2 week delay just to find that these IDIOTS have lost your papers! Do they want people to go against the rules and just ship the animals without a permit? DECCW-NSW Your a joke!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never really had a problem with dealing with the DECCWCS before until this year when my book was sent back out and it was only a five page book. I rang them at 11.00 am to get a bigger book sent out and got a recorded message saying "the office phone lines are only open between 8.00 am and 12.00 midday , so leave a message."!

What the?

The way things are going it'll cost more to get the permits and freight the animals than what the animals are worth.

Where does all this money go? What is it spent on? Who are they accountable to? And what the bloody hell is going on....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back