Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slateman

This is letter we received from our Patron Simone Stone from Southern Cross.
He is giving to our members chance to vin one of his ALBINO

Hi Jan,
As we discussed, I would like to sponsor another competition for Aussie Pythons. However, this time I would like it to be a competition that anyone can win no matter how little experience they have – as long as they are willing to put in some work and earn the prize. As I am a waste of space when it comes to administering or helping with these contests due to the other demands on my time, the competition needs to be easy to administer too so its not too much hard work for you and your team. So, how about you start a new thread and ask your members for ideas on a reptile competition that is something anyone can win with some work and which is easy to manage? I have noticed in the past that a few critics have suggested I give away an albino carpet python as a prize …… so why not. Let’s make the prize for this new competition an albino carpet and I’ll think about some suitably tasty reptile morsels as second and third prizes once we have decided on the format of the competition.

Regards
Doc Rock.

Admins:
Please feel free to come up here with some idea how you like this competition to be conducted.

I will start what I think would be grate.

Photo or image of anything, from detail of molecule to scenery would be published and people will have chance to answer. Images will be not reptile related, just every day subject, so anybody can have chance. Young kid or adult.
This comp will run for 1 year and will have 12 questions each month one. That will give anybody chance to answer and people who are forgetful will have enough time to e-mail they guess.

I would like to hear from the members what they would like to have as comp.
Give us an Idea. Post it to this topic.

Just remember have to be for all people here on APS. not only for experienced herp guru.

Questions every month?
Googlie and Wiki are your friends! :D

why not different sences of movies and have to guess what movies lol or different pictures of different places all around the world and they have to guess were it is

thanks to simon for another fantastic opportunity,maybe the pics could be broken up into categories such as scenery, plant, animal or something along those lines & have 3 or 4 pics for each category

However, this time I would like it to be a competition that anyone can win no matter how little experience they have – as long as they are willing to put in some work and earn the prize.

I think questions on species not common in captivity could be a good way to start. This means that most people, regardless of experience, would have to do a little work in getting the info. Unfortunately the web is the main resource available to people unless you are willing to spend a bit on books. There isn't much info in your local library.

I think in the end, you will end up with some sort of lucky dip as more then one person will be able to answer all questions. It may be worth setting a qualifying marks for entries in the draw:
8/12 correct answers gets you one entry
10/12 correct gets you 2
12/12 gets you 3

This will allow you to set some very difficult questions while providing incentives for people to research. Also people won't lose interest after one incorrect answer.

i say a different topic every month, that way it gives more people a chance to get points

i think we should run the comp like gecko dan did with the free geckoes allthough any one can enter, but you have to provide your info uch as name, species kept, age and how long you have been keeping herps a picture of your enclosure and how ou would look after the animal and why you sould we get every one to enter in the fist 2 months. and that after every body voes on who gets eliminated each week . but after every elimination if your still in the compition you need to say why you should be kept in the compition.

I think we should ban Sdaji, readysell and Wrasse from entering:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::lol:

i think any competition subject where i would win is a good idea..... hmmmm how about how to restore a 1974 Datsun 2+2 Coupe..... answer would definately be along the lines of goin broke LOL.....

Definately a comp where the subject is different all the time....

I think questions on species not common in captivity could be a good way to start. This means that most people, regardless of experience, would have to do a little work in getting the info. Unfortunately the web is the main resource available to people unless you are willing to spend a bit on books. There isn't much info in your local library.

I think in the end, you will end up with some sort of lucky dip as more then one person will be able to answer all questions. It may be worth setting a qualifying marks for entries in the draw:
8/12 correct answers gets you one entry
10/12 correct gets you 2
12/12 gets you 3

This will allow you to set some very difficult questions while providing incentives for people to research. Also people won't lose interest after one incorrect answer.

This sounds like a top idea :D

i like the photo idea. i only have a crap camera though lol a different catorgary each month would work

perhaps a comp that involves more creativity than knowlage not sure what but am working on it!

I reckon make it easy.

Everyone's name goes in a draw once a month, the names get drawn out and in order of how they come out they get points allocated, all the way from first out to last out.

Then every month your points are added together and we can view it on a table ( like the footy tips).

That way it is completly random and its anyones game right till the end, it is up to luck.

If it is a photo comp ( it is bias to people who have great cameras and a photograpic background)

If it is a question knowledge comp ( then it is bias to the more experianced or people who dont work or go to school ( and can sit on the net for hours getting information)

Simon has asked for it to be fair on every level, i think my idea is fair to everyone.

donk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back