Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i Hope The People That Are Doing The Comp Look At The Lotto System May Be A 5/10$ Donation/ticket Going To Charity Of Some Kind Would Be Good Also With The Lotto System No One Has A Advantage Only One Ticket Or Entry Only And Its Fool Proof Even Children Can Have A Crack And Can Win And The Not So Bright Like Me . Cheers Rob

comp for snake

who can come up with the best ideas for cane toad kulling and even a invention that could wipe them out. they are a big problem that needs a lot of thort. and with a lot of people could make a lot of difference. it would be a good cause.
cheers steve

Here is something that would play to everybody’s strengths. People must put together an idea of how to best educate people about the wonderful world of keeping reptiles.
The entry could take any form photo, video, written essay, report suitable for newspaper. It could be how to make your own cage or how to get started in keeping herps. It could be stories about their experiences keeping herps.

Then once the project was finished it could move on to how would you use the finished project to educate the non herp world about our wonderful hobbie

The basic idea is that people could work to their own strengths. At the end of the comp APS would have something the could use.

Just my idea

OK, this thread is 14 pages long now, when can we expect an answer on the format for this competition?

How about including a herp poetry contest element? Everyone can put words together, but would take a bit of effort, and it would be entertaining reading.

herp poetry

one fine spring day I gasped as an asp struck my asp

Poetry...

Pythoness and RevDaniel are in with a very good chance then ;)

Is there any decision been made about this competition / raffle?

im with Dodie, i had a read of the first few....lol, still no decision.
i like the reverse auction no skill required! and its random and fast!

I suggest in keeping with many other suggestions in the same area.. a submission of some herp themed;
*Photography (Scanned in film, Digital)
*Sketching (Pencil, Crayon, Charcoal..)
*Painting (water, oil, spraycan.. no graffitii!!)
*Computer Generated Images (mspaint, 3D rendered)
*Drawing on the dust on your car window..

Everyone who uses AussiePythons.com has access to a PC somehow.. if they borrow a scanner or camera to submit its an almost even playing field. Creativity, Skill and luck all play a part in making something that appeals.

I'm sure many submissions would be a prize by themselves just to be able to see them!

descent ideas, but we all know that people on here can draw and take some amazing photos! personally i cant draw for crap! and my camera is crap so i would be completely disadvantaged in those types of contests!
lowest unique bid, drawing names out of a hat etc are completely unbias and everyone has an equal opertunity and no advantages! they are the type of comps we need!

I suggest in keeping with many other suggestions in the same area.. a submission of some herp themed;
*Photography (Scanned in film, Digital)
*Sketching (Pencil, Crayon, Charcoal..)
*Painting (water, oil, spraycan.. no graffitii!!)
*Computer Generated Images (mspaint, 3D rendered)
*Drawing on the dust on your car window..

Everyone who uses AussiePythons.com has access to a PC somehow.. if they borrow a scanner or camera to submit its an almost even playing field. Creativity, Skill and luck all play a part in making something that appeals.

I'm sure many submissions would be a prize by themselves just to be able to see them!

it may be a good idea for an admin to start a new thread with all the options for the comp so we can see what we have so far, mayby start a poll and let it go to a vote?

I don't like the raffle idea. Too many flaws. I love the way sdaji put it. :lol: & Not only will it require limited use of APS it will also give people a reason to open up several accounts. Which in turn generates unnessessary work for admin/mods.

By far the best suggestion IMO have been a random guess this photo (Perhaps by picking images relating to this site?) or the searching for phrases, pictures or bits of info using the site.

Sam.

(PS: Perhaps this thread should now be locked to all posts unless they contain an idea?)

Fair enough about you having a crap camera Jason, my camera will be 2 years old soon and its a 5mp point and shoot with only 3x optical zoom.. a camera doesnt have to be expensive to take good photos.. especially macro shots. I'll get some pics posted if anyone shows interest.

I'd love to see other people pics, there have been some amazing pics of a green tree frog eating a bat, and of someones superb green tree python on AussiePythons.com which has (been my PC's wallpaper for the last fortnight! = P).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back