Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

taylor111

Reaction score
is it possible to get a special permit that enabels you to import reptiles from over seas like boas and ball pythons

I think you need a zoo licence.

And from what i have heard they are not easy to get.

Alot of zoos have confiscated illegal stock that has been properly Quarantined. I may be wrong but cant they only import for special breeding bloodline purposes. A common snake overseas wouldnt hold much value for a zoo to breed etc.

can anyone tell me the rules of a zoo licence ill make a zoo if i have to

Its not as simple as that, do a little research.
Search the internet, you will learn alot more that way then just asking someone to tell you, get the basic facts then come back and ask whatever questions you still have after reading all you could find!

Gotta love the school holidays :lol:

In short........... on a basic licence NO!
There are people out there who have them, same with corns, but its illegal without a scientific research or zoo licence.

this is one of the few reasons i sometimes hate Australian Law...

seriously who classes paintball guns under the exact same categories as firearms and makes you buy a genuine firearm safe in order to have one? if we were anywhere else we could walk down to walmart and buy one.

sometimes the people that write these laws need to pull the damn stick out and lighten the **** up.. it's a snake for heavens sake.. yeah sure do what you gotta do, have the snake quarinteened for a while to make sure we're not bringing anything in, but don't take are fun and love for reptiles away.

Hope u have your flame suit on danny!
The whole reason they are not allowed is to protect our native reptiles.
Perhaps do some research on the subject, then come back and comment ;)

Its not as simple as that, do a little research.
Search the internet, you will learn alot more that way then just asking someone to tell you, get the basic facts then come back and ask whatever questions you still have after reading all you could find!

thats funny , when i search for snake info on the net i almost always get this site . great place for info and its on the internet , mabe give this guy a link or point him in the right diretion instead of giving him nothing but just anouther kids additude

now what sort of snake form OS were you interested in getting ,

thats funny , when i search for snake info on the net i almost always get this site . great place for info and its on the internet , mabe give this guy a link or point him in the right diretion instead of giving him nothing but just anouther kids additude

now what sort of snake form OS were you interested in getting ,

If everyone was always handed everything they wanted, they would never learn to do anything for themselves!
Try to encourage people to find information for themselves first, then ask others when they get stuck, otherwise we will end up with generations of lazy minded people, expecting everything to fall into their lap!

You want me to point them into the right direction? ok then.......

Top of the screen, below sponsors advertisements, 5th menu across.
Can you see it?
It says 'search'
Click on the arrow next to where it says 'search'
Now type in the top search section, 'exotic snakes in australia'

Also for future reference, the section below it is for searching pictures etc, so instead of making a 'show us your .....' thread try taking a look in there first too ;)

Happy now python pit??

I personally dont agree with the import laws in this country.

As you cant have anything thats not Australian in this country but you can basically everywhere else in the world it simply encourages people to go to national parks or forests and take australian wildlife for free.

Why would someone waste there time going to take a bearded dragon from the wild if they could go and buy a boa?

See my point.

your kidding me arnt you BEC?
i think mabe you have forgoten what this place is all about
1. asking ?s
2. help with info
3, learning
and with people like you around scaring all the young ones off . WHY are you here ?
if you cant help people with ?s..
just look at your signture . your very vindictive and your atitude is all wrong ..
i hope the mods tell you to remove it.
im thinking that next week you will also be back to school.
JUST SO IT SINKS INTO YOUR HEAD , YOU TOLD HIM TO LOOK ON THE NET BEFORE COMING HERE AND ASKING ?s .. this rep site is the first place most people look and ask ?s ,
you come across like a bitter old madcow

As you cant have anything thats not Australian in this country but you can basically everywhere else in the world it simply encourages people to go to national parks or forests and take australian wildlife for free.

Why would someone waste there time going to take a bearded dragon from the wild if they could go and buy a boa?

See my point.

No I dont. For starters, why would someone that really wanted a Boa, go and unlawfully take a Bearded Dragon :?.

Also, there is nothing encouraging anyone to steal native reptiles or animals from the wild.

your kidding me arnt you BEC?
i think mabe you have forgoten what this place is all about
1. asking ?s
2. help with info
3, learning
and with people like you around scaring all the young ones off . WHY are you here ?
if you cant help people with ?s..
just look at your signture . your very vindictive and your atitude is all wrong ..
i hope the mods tell you to remove it.
im thinking that next week you will also be back to school.
JUST SO IT SINKS INTO YOUR HEAD , YOU TOLD HIM TO LOOK ON THE NET BEFORE COMING HERE AND ASKING ?s .. this rep site is the first place most people look and ask ?s ,
you come across like a bitter old madcow

Hahahahahahaha
Oh yes, you got me, back to school soon :rolleyes:
LOOK I CAN TYPE IN CAPS TOO
Obviously nothing i said sunk in with you, im not scaring anyone off, i am encouraging them to learn more, by learning to find information for themselves first.

As for my signature, thanks for looking, but i cant see anything wrong with it, it was posted on the forums afterall.

Stop and take a look at your own attitude, and dont assume you know everything, it only makes a fool of you!
You come across as a snotty little know it all twit, i believe you posted somewhere earlier today to 'build a bridge and get over it', well dont go on being a hypocrite now will you.

As for you attitude, i need to say nothing, its quite clear you have anger issues, you seem to like going around looking for forum fights! :rolleyes:

See my point.

WHAT!!! lol "Shakes head"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back